Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cullen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
A few months back, all of the sudden my menu bar clock dissappeared. Vanished! Ive switched it to menu bar in system prefs multiple times and its just blank. The Moniter information and other normal menu bar stuff is also gone. The only things in the menu bar are the application options. Up until now ive been using the graphical floating clock but after revamping my whole desktop to get a cleaner, less-cluttered appearance its looking quite ugly and taking up space. Is there any way to get it back in the menu bar or at least skin the clock so it looks nicer? I love the look of osx but the square brushed metal look isnt doin it for me.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Your saying that your clock does not show in the Menu Bar even though you set it to do so in System Preferences? Have you tried restarting?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Do you currently have any theme changers or hacks installed? Can you maybe post a screenshot of your Menu Bar and then check Activity Monitor to make sure there are no red processes (SystemUIServer in particular). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.