Clock on Menubar is offcentre

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by brendan2452, Apr 26, 2013.

1. brendan2452, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2011
    Hi all, for some reason, I noticed it recently, the clock on my menubar is shifted down and i haven't been able to fix it.

If I set the menu bar to also show users full names on they are also off centre and I was wondering if anyone had a solution or way to restore the menu bar.

It appears if I create a new user, the problem doesn't exist on the new account, so right now I'm considering creating a new user and copying my Home files across, however, I can't access the folders within my home folders on other accounts so I'm stuck.

Any fix guys?

Thanks so much,
  2. macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2008
    Hi Brendan,

Off Topic, How do you change the harddisk image? Where did you get/change it from?

Regards Wayne

3. macrumors 68020

Jun 15, 2012
    Dear God, no, please don't do this! :eek:
    The vast majority of problems in OS X ARE at the user level -- i.e. user preferences, caches, Login Items, etc. It's easy to test this by trying a new account. However, you should NOT "migrate" to the new account. Otherwise, you will migrate accounts every time you get a problem. ("Slash and burn")

What you need to do is test various parts of the user account.
    1. Use a utility like Onyx to empty user caches.
    2. Try deleting (or just removing) .plist files in <user>/Library/Preferences that might be relevant.
    The main one that controls the menulets is
    Obviously, removing/deleting this will "reset" all your menulets to default.

3. You seem to have a few other menulets from third-party apps. Try uninstalling those menulets and seeing if that improves things.
  4. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Dec 21, 2011
    This should be #1 in your list.

No reason to be deleting files/using 3rd party apps until this is done.