Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
All,

I am going to upgrade my MBP internal drive, so I was wondering if you could suggest a tool that will allow me to clone my XP partition and restore it so I wouldn't have to reconfigure my Windows install? Would programs such as Ghost work here? Ideally, one that worked from the OS X side would be best, but I can deal with boot CDs. I am using NTFS and prefer to keep it that way. The only thing that would change is the partition sizes. I want to go from 50/30 to 80/80.

I am definitely interested in feedback from those who have actually tried this on their Intel Mac(s).

Thanks.

flashzoom

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2006
Use this to create image

what I use is True Image.
it's actually a very power software.
and pretty easy to use.
You can download the fully functional demo from
http://www.acronis.com/download/
try it out, you'll love it.
Let me know if you need any help with it.

kingjr3 said:
All,

I am going to upgrade my MBP internal drive, so I was wondering if you could suggest a tool that will allow me to clone my XP partition and restore it so I wouldn't have to reconfigure my Windows install? Would programs such as Ghost work here? Ideally, one that worked from the OS X side would be best, but I can deal with boot CDs. I am using NTFS and prefer to keep it that way. The only thing that would change is the partition sizes. I want to go from 50/30 to 80/80.

I am definitely interested in feedback from those who have actually tried this on their Intel Mac(s).

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.