Close Combat: First to Fight Performance

Discussion in 'Games' started by eXan, Oct 7, 2005.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

How well do you think the above mentioned game will run on my machine?

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not sure if it will even install. Minimum system requirements call for a 867MHz PowerPC G4 or faster. But if the game does not check your system to see if it meets the required specs, you might be able to install & play it. Although, I doubt that it would be smooth. Sorry, I hate to be pessimistic- but it does not look good for you eXan.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Although, you do meet the minimum requirement for video card, VRAM, and you have more than enough RAM, so maybe it will work after all.

4. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Well I've never met a game that checked my specs...

UT2004 requires 933 MHz CPU, but it installs alright and has resonable performance for my 700 MHz

(some 1on1 maps run at 30-40 fps avarege which is enough for me to easily beat godlike Xan :))

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Halo checks specs (at least on Windows it does), told me I was under the min system requirements but still allows you to play. Just a warning really.

6. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

I have Halo and it allowed me to install the game, it didnt even say that I was under the min specs :confused:

7. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

how that run for you?

8. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

It runs fine under min graphics setting and 800x600. Very playable. However in VERY complex firefights it slows down to approx. 10 fps (never measured it)

9. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Yes! I got this game now! Its runs very well, slows down only when a lot of big guys are waiting to be killed :D

Probably at 30+ fps

I really enjoy this game but one thing really annoys me:

any way to make your gun appear on the screen?? :confused: I turned it ON in the hud preferences but it doesnt show up. Anything wrong? :mad: