Close Combat: First to Fight

Discussion in 'Games' started by pdpfilms, Mar 8, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

So how AWESOME does this game look?? It sounds like it's gonna be such a winner, especially since it's supposed to be coming out for all platforms (Mac, XBox, PC, etc.) at the same time.... supposed... to...
    So here's the deal. I saw a magazine article in december that said it's release was fall 2004. Ok, nice. I'll have it by christmas.

nope.

Go to apple.com, they say "will ship on or before 1/31/05. Cool, I'll have it within a month.

nope.

I get an email from apple's customer service saying "on or before 3/31/05". Ok I can wait another two months or so.

nope.

Yesterday i got the same email saying "on or before 4/29/05." I can't wait any longer.... even Doom 3 on a dual 2 G5 is looking good.

So i'm not complaining about apple's shipping department (I've had exeptional experiences with them....unlike some of the other MR posters i've seen), I know it's totally beyond their control. I'm just wondering how often a game like this gets pushed back month by month, always at the last second? Who else is DYING to play this game, and frustrated about the delays? Me! me!! ME!!

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

actually i would _love_ a close combat for the mac ..but a 3d shooter-like close combat ... yikes ... that game has zero to do with the rest of the series which were classics all the way...