Clueless and in need of assistance please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stephiekins, Dec 26, 2006.

1. stephiekins macrumors newbie

Okay so my mom bought a apple notebook from an auction sale. It is an older model, can't tell you which one off the top of
    my head since it's not in my general view at the moment and I know nothing about them. The only programs that I can see are word, note pad and excel. It didn't come with a user guide except for flash disc stuff and I have no interest in that for the moment.

The © information is listed as being no later than 1992 if that gives you an indication of how old it is. It only has an A:/ drive so CD roms are of no use to me at the moment. So here's the questions I have and I am hopeful that someone more mac savvy than myself can help me :D

Can I get this to hook up to the internet?

If so how do I go about doing so?

Is there any chance of me being able to up-grade to a CD rom drive or is this hopeless?

Can I up-date or up-grade the system at all to have more programs on it?

Wireless moden access, how do I aquire such a thing?

I know I sound like a total novice but I am, really. I know nothing about this operating system at all and I am slightly confused. Even if someone could point me in the right direction via links and stuff I would appreciate it. Or if I should even bother doing nothing more the data/word processing on it.

Thank you!

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You'll have to find out what model it is first, and which OS it's running. If you click on the apple at the LH end of the menubar (the white strip along the top) it'll tell you the basics.