Cmd+T in EXCEL!!!! It exists

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iriejedi, Apr 24, 2005.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

F4 on windows Excell is probably the most useful key stroke for that program
    it cycles the absolute reference cell formuls for equations - when in cell edit box and with a cursor toughing the ref set or highlighted part of an equation hit the F4 key and....

It cycles
    A1
    $A$1
    A$1
    $A1
    A1

after a few calls to IT people and fellow Excel users for the Mac I was told this does not exist for even the newest Mac Excel.... but in a solid procrastination from studying effort.... I found it does exsit in the Mac World.

Cmd+T or Apple+T

I'm so excited - although now after posting this I have to go back to studying....so with that.... enjoy the silence! :eek:

IJ

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wow, I didn't even know about this on *any* version of Excel... sweet! :D Thanks!

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Thank you! That's very useful to know. I'd resigned myself to typing $ manually when working at home. Good job!

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

5. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been searching for this keyboard shortcut!! Back in the day, when I was on my Dell PC, I used the F4 in excel quite a bit. Since moving to Macs it has been missing in my shortcut repertoire. Thanks for finding it.

6. iriejedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Your are welcome

No problem - I'm glad my effort to avoid studying is helping others feel good!

:eek:

7. bear669 macrumors newbie

Thank You!

I know, this thread is sooooo old. But if the OP is still around, your gift keeps on giving!:)

(OMG I hate Apple, Leopard,Snow Leopard)

8. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82