cmyk colour match app/website

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by lurcher, May 3, 2006.

1. lurcher macrumors regular

lurcher

Hi munchkins

I have been using colorblender.com for creating colour palettes for websites but as it only uses rgb I was hoping there would be a similar site or app that does this using pantone or cmyk colour space for print work.

Any thoughts?

:)

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Not sure if it helps but Photoshop may have this function.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You can use Photoshop but it's a little clumsy if you're working on other stuff at the same time. But if that's not a problem and you have it, then by all means use it.

If it's for a one-off use then you can download the fully-functional 30-day demo here.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=39

Art Directors Toolkit is a handy little app & widget that I leave running in my dock all the time — it's one of my start-up items and is incredibly useful for stuff like this.

US$29.95
    http://www.code-line.com/software/artdirectorstoolkit.html

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

If you're on a Powermac, you may already have Art Director's toolkit. Mine came with it. It was a nice little suprise.

5. lurcher thread starter macrumors regular

lurcher

Thanks for the replies. I have PS but don't know how to get it to show complimentary colours by selecting a starter colour :confused:

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Ah. I misunderstood you... you want to quickly create palettes for print and web work.

In that case, can I suggest not using anything screen-based? Instead a handy little book called Colour Index or something similar is far more useful to see combinations and CMYK colours as they would appear on page, not on screen.

Colour Index

It's a complete bargain and gets used almost every day in our studio to kickstart colour thinking.

7. lurcher thread starter macrumors regular

lurcher

Thanks BV, sounds like a good investment. Will have a look at it.