CNET: 10 gig iPod ($499) and new LCD's

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Ash, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Ash macrumors newbie

2. Ash thread starter macrumors newbie

That article was just posted. Seems pretty legit.

I can't believe they are not going to drop the price on the bigger iPod. I think that $500 is pushing it.

It also says that Apple is introducing the new faster Superdrives that Pioneer announced today.

- Ash

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

That IS the most reasonable assumption.

Of course, it's all MBE untill Steve-o is off the stage.

(That's: Male Bovine Excrement):D

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

its not really confirmed yet....so you never know...but...I think I believe it...not the 23" monitor...there's a 22....thats weird

5. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

Dear lord almighty, let the monitor be true...

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay i can believe/understand the ipod upgrade etc. but i dont understand this whole 23" monitor deal. there is already a 22"...why make it one inch bigger? i dont get it.

7. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

a one-inch increase for an already large monitor produces a pretty good deal of extra surface area...:)

8. dualburn001 macrumors regular

what do you guys think they'll charge for the 23 inch if it comes out?

9. dualburn001 macrumors regular

are they gonna put the price for the 22 inch at 2000 then since it's like that with the rebate anyway?

10. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

That seems reasonable - but what about discontinuing the 22 in. altogether. Seems unlikely that they will have a 22 and 23 in simultaneously...

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I would be more inclined to believe that Apple would release a 18.1-19" LCD screen, not a 23". They could price it out at about $1300-$1500 and sell lots of them.

I would love to have the equalizer feature added to my iPod, and I heard things about that before.

As for the new price for the iPod, I certainly hope that they keep making the 5GB model. Maybe even drop it by $50-$100? That way people who don't have as much money can still get the iPod. I love mine and use it every day.

Opps, my bad.. they posted the 23" LCD, and the prices for the new iPod.. old one stays at $399, new one is $499.

The iTunes and iPod updates are SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! :D

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

the iPod was almost a given...with the announcement of 1.8" 10 gig hds anyway...

the 22" Cinema Display is already a monster...and yes 23" is bigger....but I can't imagine them having both....it wouldn't make much sense....especially if they are priced comparitively...

13. imspace2 macrumors member

What the hell $500 for the 10gig iPOD whatever how much does the HD cost I'm sure we can hack it into the 5gig version

14. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Unless they price the larger one more.. by oh, say, $1,000... oh, look.. they did. That's an expensive inch... but the 24" Samsung is $1,000 more than the 23" Apple.. so I guess a grand an inch is standard at that size.

15. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Oh THANK GOD!!

I was SO afraid they'd price the 10 gig at $399 and drop the price of the 5 gig to $299 or something... I would have been SO PISSED especially since I just bought mine less than a month ago... thank God. :D

(And tough luck for you guys who were hoping for an iPod price drop! Maybe next year! :rolleyes: )

16. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Sure, if you feel like voiding the warranty (go for it after it expires though). What would you do with the 5GB that you pulled out of it?????