CNET and Macs

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by vouder17, Nov 8, 2004.

1. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Why is it that Cnet rarely says anything good about mac????
    There latest review is about the powermac G5 2.5GHz (Review) and they some how manage to give it 7.8 out of 10. I don't believe they have ever said anything really positive about apple, only the iPod. Which to me is not what apple stands for, even though it sure does seem like it nowadays :(
    Even thier iMac G5 review wasn't too great. I like there site, but i just don't like the way that they are such trolls against mac users and there products.

Peace
    DjVoTeZ

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Their PB and iBook reviews are fairly positive, especially for the 12"-ers. And I need somebody to feed my cell phone lust, but keep me at bay by warning me that the moron svc providers are crippling bluetooth on everything new! :p

*mumbles something about wanting a Blackberry 7100T or a Treo 650 but not sure if it'd be an upgrade or a downgrade anymore*

3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Those *@!$%& ... it's pretty common to see that kind of reviews from them... I dislike the site.

4. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

It's been discussed here before. I think the general consensus is that Cnet sucks.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

CNet does indeed suck, however, I read the review and some of the criticisms are valid. It is expensive (although I think it's silly that they ordered a 23" ACD + 4 GB of Apple RAM and then evaluated how expensive it was), and I personally have some real issues with the limited amount of internal expansion for drives and PCI slots, especially when one of the three is taken away by an intruding adjacent video card. I could really use five or even six open PCI-X/PCI Express slots to tell you the truth. That may not be common, but I'm not alone and, after all, this is supposed to be the Pinnacle of Power, isn't it?

Having said that, I'll be eagerly awaiting FedEx bearing my Dual 2.0 G5 this week. ;)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

cNet praise the ipod? eh, they seem to be impartial to it if you ask me, they are always the ones mentioning the next ipod killer, which in turn is never really an ipod killed, just another crappy player from nomad or sony

but they really dont get macs at all, if they think the iMac G5 is over-priced then they are comepletely wrong, because if you were to configure a similarly speced windows pc, the price would end up right around the same, and that exculde's software price too, but anyways, i think the only two legit grips about the imac are the upgradability and the video card

and the powermacs, sure they arent perfect, but they are a hell of a lot better than anything dell is putting out....

as you can see, i really dont like cNet at all......

7. vouder17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yeah i think that they are jealous, and deep down inside they want to crumble up and go mac crazy, and buy every single mac that they can afford. But that would mean turning to the "dark side" in there eyes, so therefore they keep living a lie by trying to bring down apple as much as they can. If you like the ipod than you must LOVE a mac :D

DjVoTeZ

8. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Ahh, truth in advertising.

This is what happens when a news provider accepts advertising, the have to feel like that must cater to the bigerst moneygivers. Historically, Ziff Davis has a stake in Microsoft, and IBM before them. Ergo, no reason to pump up the Mac.

I find it pretty obvious that, while no longer as directly true - ZD is trying to come to middle, is till happening to some degree when these guys are forced to think of something negative on a Mac and it's something silly like "doesn't come with a monitor", "doesn't have two internal optical drives", or "doesn't dress me in the morning".