CNET.com, do you guys ever notice how they attack Apple especially their ipods?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mood, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

That's all there is to it. Who can point me to an Apple related article at this site that doesn't have something negative to say about the good folks in Cupertino CA? Even when reporting on their successes, the editors at C|Net consistently tinge their message with some kind of FUD generating speculation pointing to their impending doom. This device is in a whole other genre of devices - not even a second cousin to the iPod...

go to cnet.com and it'll be saying 5 reasons not to buy an ipod. it does this over and over again every day (with different articles)

2. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

3. NicP macrumors 6502

reason #1....

NOT GAPLESS

stupid bloody things
    :p

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah I have noticed this a lot, but then again CNet is paid by people to review their crap. I never look to them except for real life user reviews.

5. Mood thread starter macrumors regular

Mood

6. Mood thread starter macrumors regular

Mood

7. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

8. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

9. OryHara macrumors regular

10. Superhob macrumors regular

Mood, I don't know how to thank you. That was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a while. My eyes teared up, I was laughing so hard... :D

11. Mood thread starter macrumors regular

Mood

12. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Man, I saw those a couple of months ago and I still can't get that "developers developers developers developers" bit outta my head :eek:

13. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I visit CNet daily and have been quite agravated by them lately. As much as they report about the iPod, they also go against it. CNet makes no sense to me anymore. One day they are making a shrine to it and the next they are trashing it down.

One thing to understand about CNet is that they ARE VERY ad based and paid for their reviews. Look around their page. It's flooded with Dell ads. As a result almost every Dell product is highly rated. Look at the advertisements and look at the ratings. The payoffs are quite obvious.

And all this I believe is driven by the editors. The head editor tries to speak like he knows tech but he doesn't and he hates anything not Dell/MS.

14. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I said it befere, and I'll say it again....

It's funny on how much work he has to do to get the crowd going. In contrast to Steve Jobs, he just walks on stage and people cheer (referring to Keynotes).

15. Mood thread starter macrumors regular

Mood

then don't watch this 2nd versino of it

http://achurch.org/media/ballmer.avi

16. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

CNET is clearly biased by their ad content, but I'm
    actually pleased with many of the articles in eWeek
    and extremetech.

You still get some pretty strong Windows bias from a few of the contributing writers, but they can't find much wrong with Mac OSX and those who really try it have been very impressed.

17. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

How do you watch these .avis? My quicktime is missing components, and in an Unapple-like move, they send you to a component pages where YOU figure out what you need. :confused:

Lost-T

18. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Doesn't work for me either. Although I did hear some [scary] audio using Real Player on my PC :eek: