Cnet gives new C2D Macbook editors choice award!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TequilaBoobs, Nov 15, 2006.

1. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

2. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

that's a surprise since they somewhat trashed the macbook pro for not having a digital media reader

3. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

those benchmark numbers against the core duo MBP are pretty interesting....

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I didn't see too much against it and the battery life playing a DVD was quite good. Besides that, there weren't a load of comments or user reviews against it...yet.

In other news, they had fun testing a Mac Pro with two 4 core processors. It's a wonder what a little Apple advertising will do.

5. kalun macrumors regular

Quoted from the post:

So....the new Core 2 Duo Macbook is 26% faster than the old Macbook Pro?! I am somewhat doubtful.....:confused:

6. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Wow. That's also a first that I've seen CNET give a Mac portable an 8.1. :eek:

7. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Is it really that much better than the CD Macbook? They gave it a 7.2. Aside from the processor, these are essentially the same computer. What's the deal?

8. junkster macrumors regular

The C2D MB has more RAM, benchmarks better, and runs cooler. But I think the biggest factor is that the design of both the MB and MBP had time to soak in and be recognized as great notebooks. And now the MB is outperforming--in terms of raw CPU speed--the previous round of MBPs.

9. TequilaBoobs thread starter macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

I think Cnet was responding to the "black effect", giving the blackbook more props cause its rarer and cooler.

10. junkster macrumors regular

You really think so? Most PCs notebooks are black, so I'd think PC Magazine wouldn't care. Personally, I still like the glossy white better.

11. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'm suspicious of that Photoshop benchmark. 10.4.8 included optimisation of Rosetta which would make the old 2GHz MBP look slower than it was.