CNET rates iPod mini "very good"

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sparks9, Feb 17, 2004.

1. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2003
  2. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    cnet loves the ipod it can do no wrong
    but they arent too kind to other apple products
  3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    I agree... I don't trust CNet with their reviews as they seem biased right out of the gate. I love the iPod as much as the next guy, but it seems they know what their review will be before it even gets started.
  4. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    well it certainly get a good write up. lets hope people pay attention to stuff like this and then enables apple to take over the world once everyone starts buying their far superior products! :D
  5. edStar macrumors member

Jul 5, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    C|Net are outright bigots when it comes to Apple. What gives??

I remember reading that pretty inflated editorial on the Macworld SanFran Keynote. Criticising just about everything Apple announced and even asked why there were no iBook and G5 updates.

I personally think the iPod mini is not going to be another cube, but a success. I don't think the price is that bad, its going to come down to what people's needs are.
  6. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Oct 23, 2002
    Actually, they gave the Power Mac G5 an Editor's Choice, and is listed in the "Performance PCs" category as "an epochal leap for Apple".

I've also seen good reviews for the iBook G4, the new PowerBooks, Apple Cinema Displays, and of course, the iPod family.

I like reading their reviews, and think they're pretty impartial.
  7. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    i love the reviews... :D

"my iPod died twice in 2 weeks and the replacement also died!" and what does that have to do with iPod mini? :rolleyes:

they got 118 reviews as of now and most of the negatives are basically saying it's too expensive. it's not a user review at all, it's amateur marketing analyses... and basically wanting it cheaper. (who doesn't?)

another fav. of mine is the one complaining about the 18 months battery life. afaik, all Li-ion technologies exhibit such lifetimes. batteries in other mp3 players won't be much better - the reason dell jukebox hasn't had problems is because it hasn't been out long enough yet. (although one caveat is that they have longer battery life so few recharges will be needed...)
  8. sparks9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2003
    Yeah I don't know why so many people have given the mini a thumbs down.

All who read this go to CNET and vote thumbs up...? :D