CNET Review Is Up

Discussion in 'iMac' started by davekarn, Aug 9, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors newbie

"Despite its new ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics chip, the iMac still isn't very well suited to playing 3D games. On our Quake 4 test, at a forgiving 1,024x768 resolution, the iMac turned in an only marginally acceptable 39 frames per second."

Something's wrong with this picture, and I think it's the fact that he's running Quake 4 in OSX with the iMac and everything else in windows, I can't really see that big of a hit happening for any other reasons. The 8600GT can't be that much better, it just can't.

3. macrumors regular

Interesting ... they don't say anything about the glossy one way or the other.

4. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Apples fruit is coming to bare, you cant have crappy video cards across your whole line for years and expect great gaming no matter how much spin. Ati card is a near joke in a $1800 machine. They should have spent $25 more. The Dell's Inspiron #s for Quake 4 tell the story.

5. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Someone definitely ought to try to reproduce this with the iMac running Windows to see how it compares....

6. macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Thats the problem with apple they make this great machine with no graphics. A PC could be build for 300$ less with an 8800 in there.