CNN Article on 20 Years of Macintosh

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

yeah, not even anything on the apple home page...

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i bet they will spring something on us when we least expect it

4. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I can't wait!! they have to be planning something.... I bet we will hear Monday.

I mean please... Apple celebrates the second year of stores. :rolleyes:

I've got it... Steve will announce Monday that the Mac had a good run, but it is time to move forward. Welcome the New Apple Granny Smith! :D

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

The only incorrect statement I noticed was it said Jobs joined the animation studio, Pixar. Well, he actually founded it by buying ILM's CG department and named it Pixar. (Pixel Art, if you ever wondered)

6. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

My thoughts exactly. They're just waiting for the right time. I think they're going to dazzle us with something completely new.

I hope.;)

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

i dont really mind if its not completely new, but i guess that elusive pb g5 wouldnt hurt, but im really looking to see new powermac line up. but im wiling to get shocked in a good way, i dont wanna wake up and hear a merger between hp and apple

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that a PowerBook G5 is much more likely than a merger with HP. When it comes to hardware update the Power Mac G5 is the most likely. But you never know Steve always likes "to shock us in a good way." My faith is with Steve.

9. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

sad day

sad day indeed.....expected something. Not even a picture of the original mac on the apple website. But maybe a hint with the news of red tape and iTunes. I guess they don't want to do everything in the beginning of the year, save something to finish off with.

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Meh, Come on Apple.

anything... PowerMac update... some nice classic picture of old macs... a new model?
    iTMS 'outsidetheUS'
    Um... any other model upgrade?

Come on, sommeetthiingg.

11. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, maybe tomorrow, the 26th at 9 AM - like in the reworked Mac ad?

It is strange that there still is nothing....:confused:

D

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

i bet they have people monitoring mac rumors, waiting until they see threads that show how desperate we are for news, a change, any change, and when our spirit has just gone to the brink of breaking, they push a little red button, to make all the surprises pop out, and then Steve watches the flurry of the forums with a sick little twisted smirk on his face, seeing how he has created a legion of fanatics.

13. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Since the Mac was first introduced during the Superbowl 20 years ago, I think it more likely to announce something this Sunday during the Superbowl instead of some obscure Monday.

Hope so!

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I just can't help think that Steve Jobs is lurking around the forums. That he is enjoying seeing all of us speculate, knowing that he has the power in his hand.

15. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I doubt he really cares what we think. He's a bit too busy and important for geek-dribble, and I also doubt his professional decisions of whether or not to release a certain product at a certain time has anything to do with weilding power over us Apple dorks.

I bet it has more to do with marketing, money, availability, and all that business stuff. That's what I cant help but think. :rolleyes: