cnn money thinks on whats to come tuesday

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macfan881, Feb 22, 2006.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

hey i just saw an article on cnn and they have a article on tuesdays event heres what they think maybe at the event on tuesday new intel ibooks powermac possibly apple touchscreen ipod airport express video and perhaps the long rumored apple iphone heres the link http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/22/technology/apple_newprod/index.htm?cnn=yes

the one thing out of the article im surprised that no rumors have been talked bout is the new intel powermacs im surprised there hasnt been much talk bout them

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

A deal with NASCAR is pretty obvious - you couldn't miss the Daytona preview on the iTMS. But, the NBA? Did I miss the deal that Apple "already" has?

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah i missed that too be nice if i could download kobes 81 point game or the dunk contest

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I don't think Intel PowerMacs will be out for awhile - probably WWDC. It doesn't make much sense to have a pro-level machine if pro apps aren't optimized for it yet. Methinks this is going to be a video related event of some sorts - maybe a dirt cheap iBook in the mix as well.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Deal with Nascar, eh? So are these the new PowerMac and rev B MBP?

Attached Files:

6. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

i really dont think apple will wait that long for a powermac they havent updated in a while and are over due for a update

my ideas for a intel power mac

intel core duo 3 entry levels 2.0ghz 2.16ghz or 2.25 ghz second entry and 3rd endty 3ghz possibly?

512mb 1gb and 2 gb ram

160 gig hard drive

16x superdrive with 4x dl

maybe a dock conector to make up for the no isght or have a new line of cinema displays with built in isight

7. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

didn't they just get updated in november to the quad cores?? anyways, i'm not hip to all the advantages of 64-bit or 32-bit and what is/isn't optimized for them, but would it be wise for apple to update the PM with 32-bit proc when they already have a 64-bit in it?? I don't honestly know what one would lose by dropping back down to 32, just throwing that out there.

8. solidbreakz macrumors regular

I WISH Apple would unvel a new PM on the 28th. That would be awesome.

But sadly...

The Apple invite is for "some fun new products." Not to say a Power Mac can't be fun (and it is, I have one), BUT I Power Macs are considered professional level machines. I don't think Schiller and his team would be best set posting a press invite for a new PM unveiling as... "fun." Just doesn't go..

me thinks: iPod boombox...maybe new iPod (doubt it)...and even further removed.. iBook/Macbook.

9. primalman macrumors 6502a

Holy crap, cut the caffeine and use some punctuation! :eek:

10. Spectrum macrumors 6502a

Spectrum

lack of support for HEAPS of RAM.

and how would the Quad fit into this line-up?

11. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Never mind that there's no such thing as a 3GHz Core Duo...

12. generik macrumors 601

generik

And who will want to buy that? Dual core 3Ghz is still slower than a quad G5 2.5Ghz :eek:

Besides even if Steve Jobs sells himself to Intel I doubt Intel will be able to deliver even one of such a chip to Apple, considering they are aiming at 2.33Ghz dual core Meroms at the end of the year I seriously doubt they can shoot it to 3Ghz in a hurry :D

13. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Will we ever see any 3ghz apple iProduct or PowerProduct?

14. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Ever? Yes.

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

no, because by the time they hit 3 ghz both the "i" and "power" names will be gone. :p

(Though perhaps that's not true... the imac is such an iconic name that maybe it will never die)

edit: hmm, interesting article. I have really been thinking that "fun new products" would be gadgets, not new macs... but it would be awesome if they released a new line of ibooks. I'd much prefer that to an iphone or video ipod or anything of that sort. So here's hoping for a mac mini media center and new ibooks!