CNN Planted Question at Candidates' Debate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Nov 11, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lame! That was just dumb of CNN to do. I guess they wanted something along the lines of "Boxers or briefs?" to liven up the debate. Did they think this wouldn't get out? I can already see B. O'Reilly raking CNN over the coals for this. Talk about dumb and dumberer. Some CNN producer should be sent packing.

3. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

out of curiousity, what were the responses? who uses Mac?

I sure hope sharpton is a mac user!

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link

I would've asked that without CNN prompting me!

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

They weren't being very sensitive to the strong feelings many people have for their platform of choice, especially on the Mac side. If they had been asked "labor or management" or "prison or drug treatment" or "oil exploration or alternative energy", don't you think they would have found ways to stay neutral, support both sides, say there are tradeoffs, suggest a balanced appoach, take the middle ground, etc.? How can they afford to alienate people like this by answering so directly?

Only former U.S. Senator Carol Moseley Braun played it safe. She said "My son has a Mac, he loves it. I use a PC."