CNN's E3 Wrapup

Discussion in 'Games' started by Abulia, May 15, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

Abulia

Read it here. To start the flames, though:

2. macrumors 604

clayj

Let's hope Spore isn't just a PC/Mac game. We need an Xbox 360 version.

This is funny because Microsoft didn't even introduce a console... seems to me that if you compare E3 to the SATs, Microsoft is the kid who skipped the essay section completely (while Nintendo and Sony both completed it) and still got a better score than Sony.

All running on Xbox 360s... even when Sony demoed Assassin's Creed in their booth. :p

3. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sony will bounce back.....believe that....yes i want them to because i want all the consoles to make it.

Bless

4. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I agree - competition is good. However, it would be nice to see all the console's bounce back evenly - in other words, ideally, each console would have a 33% market share.

Sony has enjoyed the lead for the past few years - and I think their arrogance is starting to show a bit (they were, no offense 2nyRiggz, a bit of a letdown - not to say they weren't impressive)

The same goes for Apple - they've done a magnificent job (in my opinion) of keeping the iPod and iTunes competitive, and that has allowed them to continue to lead. Certainly, the competition has been lackluster - but Apple acknowledges it, and continues to outdue it. Everyone needs a bit of competition :p .

5. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

None taken....i know sony conference sucked....but the games were good.

Bless

6. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

if anyone watched the video coverage from that page you'll see they're just talking out of their asses. The line was i believe "Who will come out ahead when all of these consoles hit the store shelves? You the consumer. Analysts say all the choice will bring prices down as gameplay goes up" That is bull. Both console prices (as we've seen so far with the 360 and PS3) have gone up, and that it could be estimated new games for next gen systems could increase as much as $10. Prices will not be going down anytime soon...:mad:

7. macrumors regular

ROFL!! Paris Hilton is always bringing out the unintentional humor.

8. macrumors regular

I just hope that the two Japanese companies burn Microsoft up....
    and this is from a guy who has the original X-box...they could have done better here in Japan with the 360 eg: released the console later and with better qualitily games for the japanese market but NO

9. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Do you see that bridge? Don't you think it's time to GET OVER IT :rolleyes:

Seriously at least they are trying and continue to try. They cant help it if there task is like climbing mount everest as a limbless torsoe....