Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
CNN has just posted a tech article that even by WinPC standards is just moronic. "Keyboard and mouse not working? Check connection!" :rolleyes: It must be a slow newsday in the tech circles...

Link.

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
LOL apparently everything that goes wrong with your cheapo Wintel box is either related to

1) bad or no electricity

2) loose wires (sometimes the cause of no. 1)

3) heat

or

4) MS updates causing system errors, to which the solution is to uninstall the update, likely a security patch, and introduce 12,006 worms to your system.

maradong

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
nono. i won t accept that...
the problem with x86 is winbloze you have to admit.
the other problems can occure just as well on any other platform. my linux machines are by far the best i have ever met my hands onto. ( apart some female humanoiids :eek: )...

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Originally posted by maradong
the other problems can occure just as well on any other platform. my linux machines are by far the best i have ever met my hands onto. ( apart some female humanoiids :eek: )...

I agree. I just wish I could get my hands on a copy of marklar, so i could banish Winblows to the land of ghosts and demons.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by jethroted
I agree. I just wish I could get my hands on a copy of marklar, so i could banish Winblows to the land of ghosts and demons.

Let it go, man... :rolleyes: There is no "marklar"! I even hate the sound of the word!

kettle

macrumors 65816
xxx86

Originally posted by maradong

Sexy Hardware... I think I should get out more.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by zarathustra
Let it go, man... :rolleyes: There is no "marklar"! I even hate the sound of the word!

Not to get off-topic or anything (like that ever happens), but does anyone believe that Apple would actually name something like that after a cartoon (not that I have anything against South Park)? I have no doubt that someone was working on a OS X for x86 port just in case (whether a final, fully working version exists or not). But does anyone else think that someone just called it that, and said it was real, or that there are actually CD's laying around Cupertino that say "Marklar" on them? Even as a code name?

Cheetah, Jaguar, and Panther I can see... but MARKLAR!

(at least it wasn't named after a cow. Longhorn?)

Captnroger

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2002
Now that report was the biggest waste of space ever. Might as well have added, "Check your breaker box and turn the contrast on your monitor (TV) up all the way."

Here's the thing I find most amusing. Us Mac users spend our time on the forums mainly talking about what interests us. PC users mostly talk about fixing or improving their hardware, or what's wrong witht heir software, etc...

laukev7

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2003
This is fun!

Problem : My PC is too hard to use!
Solution : Get a Macintosh.

Problem : My PC doesn't work!
Solution : See above.

Problem : My PC is too slow!
Solution : Get a ... wait a minute. *

* Joke void after the release of the 970.

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
Originally posted by springscansing
I love how they assume people who have to read this know where their heat sync is.

Just to clear this one up -- it's heat sink; sync would imply something altogether different and unprecedented, though I won't be surprised if they do start having to make something called a heatsync for the new 1.21 gigawatt P5s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.