Coca Cola + itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StokeLee, Aug 31, 2006.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

At the moment, coca cola are giving away free itunes codes with selected purchases.

In the terms and conditions it states only five per person, which i assume is per account.

has anyone in the UK had more than this yet? The reason im asking is that Ill be able to get a case of diet coke cheap, with a code on each one. Ill use the coke anyway, but wouldnt buy it like this unless i can use all 24 codes.

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

what "selected purchases" are required for the code?

3. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

I bought a case of cans the other day, and the offer is stated on there. You have to register at coca-cola's music website before you get your code, and then you can input that when you get a song on iTunes.

At least, thats what is says, haven't tried it myself yet, but if I do, I'll put the results.

It does clearly state that there is only 5 per account. Maybe if you have more than one e-mail account you can register more than once with coca-cola in order to get more itunes codes? eg - if you have 3 e-mail accounts, you could register three times at coca-cola and get 15 songs.

But I'm guessing someone has already though of that, and set up something preventing you from doing this.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

do you have a link of where you register?

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I got a free song off a bottle of Diet Coke a couple of days ago. I only needed to enter the code printed on the back of the wrapper into the iTMS – no need to register with a Coca Cola site or anything.

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Are you in the UK....or is this in the US as well?

7. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'm in the UK. I've no idea if Apple are running a promotion with Coca Cola in the States at the moment – aren't Pepsi their usual bedfellows for stuff like this?

8. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

The offer is on the front page of itms at the moment, the offer is from 500ml containers upwards. I beleive it maybe on mulitpacks of cans too. The code is just like a normal itms voucher code, you just have to follow the link to redeem it. Im at five redeemed codes at the moment. So ill let everyone know if its only five as soon as i can, I did think about jus removing the labels from the bottles, but im sure id get thrown out of the shop,

9. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I researched it a bit and unfortunately it is only in the UK:(

10. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

It's definitely 5 only but if you had multiple accounts then obviously you could take advantage. Given I get through a few bottles of coke a day whilst at work I made my allowance (and my girlfriend's) pretty quickly.

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

yes, unfortunately. On the bright side though, Football season is starting, so hopefully a new crop of free code contests will begin, maybe it will stay with Pepsi over stateside?

12. croshtique macrumors 6502

Hooray - finally the UK gets a free song deal! Don't complain too much you guys in the US - youve had the massive Pepsi promo at least twice :)

13. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I think it's actually across the UK and some of Norther Europe like Germany. 70 million tracks (i.e. 70 million bottles) is too ambitious in 4-6 weeks just for the UK - even if we are an ever-increasing junk food loving fat nation!

14. croshtique macrumors 6502

Nope, it is 70 million songs for us in the UK! Coke is doing a slightly different thing with Germany; iPod and 50 song giveaway every hour for 8 weeks.

15. Jeonat macrumors regular

If you look at the T&C it is limited to 5 songs per person (I assume iTMS account)...

16. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yes...hopefully, it would be nice to get some free tunes.

17. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Uk Coca Cola Code For Itunes

Hmtdndpldfch

Lee

18. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

PM me for free song codes, just let me know how many you want from 1-5. I drink far too much coke!! First come, first served only - 19 to give away!

19. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

15 minutes later and I'm down to 9. Must be the forum spy! No matter they'll be more where they came from, just a shame they limited it to 5 per customer. I would never have needed to buy a song again in my life.