Coconut Battery or Macbook Battery error?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikefly, Mar 15, 2007.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

Heya,

Just recalibrated my macbook C2D 2.0 battery.

Coconut Battery tells me --
    Original capacity 5200
    Current capacity 5413

Is this a little wonky? Did my battery do steroids as a child? Just normal?

Any which way, I presume this is a good thing.

Comments?

Mike

2. iBookJon macrumors newbie

Im having the same thing happen but my battery has gotten much bigger then yours.

~jonathan

Attached Files:

3. mikefly thread starter macrumors regular

hmm

I'm guessing your battery is not in fact that powerful -- does it work superlong?

Is this a coconut battery issue or actually correct?

Mike

4. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

I heard that Coconut Battery is incorrect sometimes. Some people suggest deleting Coconut Battery.

5. iBookJon macrumors newbie

Well the apple battery icon at the top of the screen says I have 62hr and 6min left at 94% and i have been running phostshop all day on the battery so i dont know. Ill tell you when it dies. Its an Ibook g3 if that helps. I kind of hope that I just have the best laptop battery ever. :)

~jonathan

6. iBookJon macrumors newbie

well my battery died today with about 3ish hours of use so i think my mac just cant count. Any one know how to fix this.
    ~Jonathan

7. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Mine has the same result. Original capacity is 5200, Current is 5371. I've been using the tracking feature in Coconut Battery to track this for the 3 weeks or so I've had my MacBook and it's fluctuated here and there but it's pretty solid around 5300, so who knows.

I get about 4 1/2 hours on battery so that's what I judge it by.

8. nmamur macrumors member

my problem kinda runs parallel to u all's. Coconut battery tells me that my capacity os 50ish sometimes and other times it will say 70ish. Id like to get more accurate reading as im looking forward to requesting a new battery from apple(applecare) once mine reaches half its capacity.

9. iBookJon macrumors newbie

I dont think my problem is the battery because it still holds a charge for around 3 or 4 hours. I think my problem came from the 10.4.9 update because right after that is when all this started to happen. Is there any way to go back to 10.4.8?
    ~Jonathan

10. Nuks macrumors 6502a

When did you get the battery? Mine is dropping staggeringly quickly, and I'm going to be asking for a new one once it hits 50% too

11. mikefly thread starter macrumors regular

replace?

applecare will replace your battery if it falls below 50%?

within how many years?

this would make extended care (3yrs) all the more sensible.

Mike

12. nmamur macrumors member

i got my battery(along witht he MBP) about 7 months ago. Before this i had a PB which i got a new battery for about a year and a half into its life. Apple gave me no problems with it. Just asked a few technical questions and determined if it neccesary to replace. A week later i had a new battery.