Coconut Battery weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Blubbert, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    Ok, im a tad confused right now. I have installed coconutBattery and the readings it has produced are baffling me. It seems that my battery on my 17'' MBP has a higher capacity now than the original capacity. I have calibrated the battery just last month, and now am wondering, do i have a super battery, or is something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    It's happened to other members before but not that high. Coconut battery isn't too accurate as its readings are the same as in "About this Mac -> More info... -> Power"
  3. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    Thanks, glad to know there is something wrong with coconutBattery, rather than my MBP.
  4. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    Macbook Pro 15"'s original battery capacity is 5500, but 17" is bigger, probably 6500ish, but coconut battery doesn't know.

coconut battery reports the identical number as the about mac, more info, power.
  5. Blubbert thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2006
    That would explain the discrepancy then. Thanks for the help, now my mind is at ease, even though deep down inside that i had a super battery. :D
  6. Macmaniac95 macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2008

I have a white Macbook 2.1GHZ 120GB 1GB etc . . . But after i installed coconut battery, it says that my battery has only been charged 4 times, when n actual fact its been charged more then that ?? and also, it keeps saying that my charger is connected and its charging, when its clearly not?? Help me!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: It also says what is happening above ^^ it has gained battery life when i have installed coconut battery? is it ment to do that? Help!!:rolleyes::apple:
  7. scienide09 macrumors 65816

May 5, 2007
    If any of you are running Leopard, there have been many reports that Cocnut Battery and Leopard are not yet fully compatible. I don't know if it has been fixed/updated, but one of the problems was mis-reporting of capacity and cycle count.
  8. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2007
    CoconutBattery on Leopard says my MacBook is over 120 weeks old... yeah right. :rolleyes: I wonder when it will be updated.
  9. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

Jul 25, 2007
    I was going to come complain about all of these things, but I was beaten to the punch!
  10. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Nov 6, 2007
    Britain, Avatar Created By Bartelby