COD 1.5 released!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by TDM21, Feb 1, 2005.

1. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I checked MacGameFiles.com today and found that patch 1.5 was released today. I'm downloading now :D :D :D

I didn't see the COD:UO patch though. MGF says it is still in the works and will be releases ASAP

2. rccola70 macrumors regular

FINALLY!!

Thanks man for the update..and thanks ASPYR... :D

Edit: This is only for the original CoD. The patch for the expansion has not been released yet...

3. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

4. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Can someone tell me what it "fixes?"

I can't download it right now, but would like to know.

Thanks! :)

5. benpatient macrumors 68000

i'd imagine it "fixes" the "I can't find a server not running 1.5" problem.

;)

6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah. I think the 1.4 patched everything up. It's a pretty clean game. Now there are much more servers to play on, plus a new map: Tigertown.

7. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Don't think it matters about UO. I actually went to the COD UO site at Aspyr and the update was listed there. Since 1.5 came out AFTER UO did for the PC, the 1.5 update should work both COD and COD UO.

Its about freakin time. That was a little rediculous. I tried playing online with my brother in law and he can see over 2500 servers. Me on 1.4, lucky if I could find a 1/2 dozen with decent ping rates. Hopefully this will speed things up and create a better online experience.........

Edit... here is the answer to the COD / UO updating question.. Straing from Aspyr:
    1201:
    Patch: Call of Duty: United Offensive 1.5.1
    Issue
    This patch updates any previous version of Call of Duty: United Offensive to the latest version, 1.5.1, which brings the game up to the current PC version.

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Speaking of pings, around what numbers are the best pings?

9. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I have had good luck with anything under 100. I can push it to 120-130. Anything past that, you become a pain in the a@@ to everyone else playing. I check my ping from time to time. If I start to lag and I notice it is high, I'll jump off to try to "reset" and then come back in.

10. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

The update for UO is out now too, and its a bit hefty, weighing in at 319mb. Yay!

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I am having MP problems now that I have downloaded 1.5. I am having trouble accesing and even seeing any servers. I know my connection is just fine.

12. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

What do you mean by problems (other than not seeing an servers)?

13. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I am having trouble connecting and refreshing pages. For example, I want to play TDM. I refresh it and it says geting infor 3000 or so and so servers. Well then it stops. I can see other games sometimes. I have it's source set on internet and my connection is fine. So I'm just sort of annoyed :p

14. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

The COD UO update to 1.5.1 is 319MB!! :eek:
    Apparently it doesn't include the Activision map pack either, at least according to those that have it already. So my question is: what the heck is in this thing?

15. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

It's sure is a gate to hell. :cool:

16. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

since when did turning off r_drawsun in the cnfig file become classed as cheating. I've always had it off as it produces really inconsistent framerates when all the detail options or turned on. Today was playing on the new tigertown map and I got kicked. Is this something new as of the 1.51 update? :mad:

17. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

UO Update

I noticed too that it was really big and didn't contain any added maps. I also noticed that you can'y play any saved games from before 1.5.1 after the update.
    It would have been nice if they mentioned that before you do the update. I guess I'll have to start over.

18. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

It does say, albeit very briefly, in the installer. I found after installation I had to set up all my graphics options again.

A question I have which you might know the answer to. I'm trying to run my own COD UO server. I've set it up and it all seems to be running but when I try to access it through another computer on the network it appears in the local computer list but not the internet list. Is this normal? If any of you are on COD UO and happen to see a big red mac server called Bob's Big Battle please let me know and save my sanity. I'm running an airport but have opened up the required ports and set it to forward data to the machine. If it isn't working I'm stumped.

19. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

My friend and I have both had a problem with SP since the update. There is an error we get: "G_LoadGame: the bsp file has changed since the game was saved" Try and load any saved game, and part of any mission, and we get the same error. Anyone know what to do?

20. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

Once you've installed the 1.51 update you cannot play your old single player games. You either have to start again or reinstall the original game.

21. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

22. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

I'm sorry, I don't know the network protocals well enough to help you there. I have seen Mac servers, but not yours. The last one I saw was from Australia, but it wasn't "Bobs.."
    Have your tried the GSC server assistant? I'm sure it was something to do with either your firewall or Airport routing, but again, I'm not too bright on the subject.
    I would love to see more Mac CoD servers out there!

23. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I'm actually using the GSC assistant. It does seem strange, the game is ticking over quite happily it just doesn't show up on the internet list. It is really annoying, I don't know what else to try.

24. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

DHCP and NAT

Did you say that you had mapped the appropriate ports to the host machine? I don't know what ports need to be mapped, but that might be it. Also, are you using NAT on your Airport basestation? I don't know if you can do that and have it show up on the Web.

Sorry Im not more help. I've seen Mac Servers so I know it's possible.

25. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I am using NAT and DHCP. When I get a chance I'll try setting the mac in question as the airports default host, or the demilitarised zone as it is on other routers. I've tried to open up as many ports as seem to be mentioned on other boards but with no luck. You would have thought it should be easy... apparently not :(