COD 2 for mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phat Elvis, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

Just for fun I googled COD 2 for mac this weekend. Look what popped up:

http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/cod2/

It doesn't post the system req, but it will run on MacIntels. A release date in May of '06, that's not too shabby seeing as it took about 2 years to get BF 1942 to a mac...

Good job Aspyr.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hopefully they'll ask for external beta testers! /glee

3. Phat Elvis thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm

There is something dirty about the phrase "external beta testers":D

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I don't want to be rude but this is well known since about November 2005. But I'm looking forward to it as much as you are, it seems ;)

When I read the headline, I thought Aspyr would surprise us with an early release :(

5. Phat Elvis thread starter macrumors 6502

Aspyr talked about it in an interview a while ago. The may release date was news to me since it was pretty unclear before (and I couldn't find any mention of it here before). Just trying to add some new info here.

6. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

A search gave me two threads. But I have to apologize, too, as these threads are from the beginning of this year and not from November. I confused it with Q4 or Civ 4 probably... :eek:

I don't want to stop you from posting. You're welcome, of course.

7. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

OK, really stupid question....I like to have games on my Mac for when i am on the go...will the grahpics on COD 2 for the Mac be as good as they are on the xBox 360 I have, or am I hoping for too much?:)

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I don't see why they couldn't be, provided you had the CPU/GPU power (amongst other things). But since you say "on the go", unless you have one of the new MBP, I'm thinking it won't look as good as an xPox360 on a PowerBook.

But who knows? Even if it looks great but is a bad port and runs super slowly.. though I doubt that, CoD was a great port.