CoD 2 Sys Reqs finalized

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lord Blackadder, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

IMG says that Aspyr have released the system requirements for CoD 2, and (no surprise) they are steep, slightly higher than Doom 3:

Minimum System Requirements

* Mac OS X 10.3.9
    * 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5/Intel chipset
    * 512 MB RAM
    * 4.0 GB free disk space
    * NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or ATI Radeon 9600 or higher
    * 64 MB VRam
    * DVD-ROM
    * Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet
    play requires broadband connection.

For the first time the G4 is totally left out, though if Doom 3 is any guide some of the fastest G4s may be able to handle the game with the settings turned down. I know I will give it a shot on my G4, just for the heck of it. :)

This will be one of the best Mac games out there when it is released, but the Intel switch begs many questions about the future, doesnt it?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Damnit Apsyr! Well, like you, I will be giving it a shot anyways. Of course, these specs are always subject to change, though I dought they'll back down from the G5. So I actually have to start considering a computer upgrade, huh? :(

3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm planning on getting a MacBook Pro sometime between now and September, so I'm expecting decent performance on that...but I'm intersted to see how much you can stretch those requirements...I'm 400MHz under the minimum with my G4.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Me too.. and with dual procs.. and a 256MB video card (which is hampered by my bus speed, but I don't care!).
    I can't believe the minspecs are for a 64MB video card. :eeks:

5. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

What video card are you using? My GeForce 6800GT doesn't help the G4 as much as you might think, due to the wimpy FSB of the G4 architecture.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Radeon 9800 Pro (none-special addition I think, don't remember), I suspect the FSB is seriously hampering me too. However, it's a serious upgrade from my ancient Geforce 4 Ti. World of Warcraft looks great! :)