COD Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'Games' started by mojohanna, Sep 14, 2004.

1. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Any word if the COD expansion pack is going to be offered on the Mac?
    Supposedly it hits the stores tomorrow. I would imagine this is only a PieceoCrap edition.

Sounds like some cool new features and game types. From what I hear, drivable vehicles, planes etc. A domination multiplayer mode as well as capture the flag and a tank battle.

I would love to know if anyone has any insight.

2. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

As far as I know no plans yet. But CoD was a big hit on the Mac, so I would keep an eye out for it on the web about any plans for it on the Mac. So I would keep your hopes up for now for a expansion pack in the near future. They are already realesing BF1942: Secret Weapons expansion pack and BF1942 just came out. BF1942 was ported by Aspyr, same with CoD. So keep checking there website. Hopefully we can see it for pre-order by early next year.

3. applekid macrumors 68020

Hmmm, the games I'd look at right now for possibilities of being ported are The Sims 2 and Call of Duty's expansion. Two PC games that I know were supposed to come out this week, and since the source code is now finalized, it's ready for a porting house to pick up. :)

Neither have official announcements, but the popularity of their predecessors makes a very good reason to port. This week or next should bring some good announcements. I recommend checking InsideMacGames daily, if you're anxious. :p

4. osprey76 macrumors 6502

How does this work?

5. applekid macrumors 68020

There you have it. United Offensive is on the way. :cool:

6. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

Sweet! i will definately buy this expansion. The original Call of Duty played well on my dual 1.8 with 9600pro, so i assume this will too. It's hard to find games that run well on mac video cards...

7. mojohanna thread starter macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Thanks all,
    I checked on Asprys site last night I think and I didn't see it. Either I didn't look hard enough or it wasn't there.

This is an awsome pack from what I hear. This game plays great on my G5.... i hear the new one is a little bit more intense on the GPU though.
    Oh well, been hoping to upgrade the 5200 I have.

8. alphaone macrumors 6502

I just played through the demo on my gaming pc and I thought I'd share my experiences with you guys.

I have a high end pc (granted a lot of the stuff is last generation, but it's still pretty high up there, 9800pro oc'd etc.), and the game still brought my system to it's knees (running at almost all settings maxed at 1024x768 w/no AA or AF). There's just so much going on at once. The game feels much more fast paced than the original. But, there's something about the game that just feels...off...to me. Something's different between UO and the original that I can't quite put my finger on, and whatever it is, it's not a good thing.

I think MOH:pA is going to be better, but that hasn't been announced for the mac yet :mad: :(

9. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Awsome! And I will say it again, awsome! I have to set a pre-order for that.

10. trailblazer macrumors member

do it. preorder it now.
    i preordered it for my pc.
    $60AU is expensive for an expansion, but damn, its worth every dollar.
    it's the best of cod, dod and bf42/viet.
    best game i've played in a very long time.

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

$60? Yikes. But on Amazon.com it's only 30 bucks.

12. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

13. applekid macrumors 68020

I'm assuming you're asking if the original CoD has a multiplayer mode? Well, yes it does. It comes with a Single Player app and Multiplayer app. Load the multiplayer app and play it online.

14. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

15. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

Just wondering what CPU your gaming PC has. That seems odd for a PC to be 'brought to it's knees', when the game is based on the q3 engine.

16. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Plus some dude on Amazon said it ran fine on his 800 MHz PC. CoD is one of the easiest running games in history. It's very rare when it gives you problems.