CoD SP problem, maybe you can help.

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteSavage, Jan 5, 2005.

1. WhiteSavage macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

I've beat the Single player Campaigns on Veteran, and now I decided I want to play again. Just recently, before this decision I installed a few mods. Suddenly whenever I load, start, or touch a single player Game about 25% through the level loading process I get this error message.

Pak sum/name mismatch

Of course I immediatly took out the Mods, but this same error kept appearing. I'm guessing that it looks like I put something in the wrong folder and/or I replaced something by mistake. But I have no idea what, could somebody help me?

2. ollie macrumors member

i would say just reinstall it over the top, you shoud keep your saves that way and it will fix any screwed up pak files

ps: i have cod pc but would like to play on mac. is there an installer ala quake 3 or do i have to buy it again?
    same with starcraft

3. WhiteSavage thread starter macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

Starcraft works for both, as in blizzard ships the same CD for both OS's. However to play Starcraft on your Mac you'll have to use classic. There's also something (Like a patch or something) that you have to download... lol, I'm not really sure, I have Starcraft but haven't played it in such a long time... you'll have to get some help from someone who knows what they're talking about. If worst comes to worst go on GameRanger and ask some of the Starcraft players there.

For CoD you'll have to buy the game again for Mac :(
    But you shouldn't, its all exactly the same anyway. Save up and buy Finest Hour when it comes out for mac, (I'm guessing it will?).