CoD UO Help needed

Discussion in 'Games' started by datalok, Dec 18, 2004.

1. datalok macrumors member

I have been playing this game today and I am really stuck at the Bastogne section where you have to hold the line against the swarms of Germans with the 30 mm machine gun. I have turned everything on my 1GFhz eMac to minimal settings but the game stutters so badly I cannot complete this section ( 1 frame every sec or so - anyone who has played this level will appreciate how hard this makes things). I was wondering 2 things:

Can anyone send me a copy of their Bastogne1-5.svg file or tell me how to enable the cheat/god mode for this game. I bought this add-on at full retail and i cannot complete this section

I really appreciate any help.

Col

2. rccola70 macrumors regular

What level of difficulty did you select?

The thing you have to do is don't waste your ammo. The reload on the machine gun takes a while and do it only when there are less enemies. PLAN YOUR RELOADS CAREFULLY!
    First get the people coming from the hill, then turn right and kill off the people coming from there, then turn back to the hill and another wave of germans will come.

After you get through that part, the Sgt. will ask you for help in one of the trenches using a Springfield.

3. datalok thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help but it is more of a system problem with the (i presume) video card where i will go around a second before screen refreshes - thi makes it impossible to keep up with the rate of fire.

4. datalok thread starter macrumors member

5. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

The thing is if your having trouble with that level wait until you get to the Russian stuff at the end. With graphics settings on minimal or low and sound set accordingly I cannot belive your having such big issues. It runs ok on my Rev A 17in Powerbook which has a far more lowly GPU in many ways. Try reinstalling it, see if that helps. Are you up to date OS wise? How much RAM do you have?

6. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

I agree. Sounds like you have a problem with your machine. Get 10.3.7 and make sure you have at least 512MB of RAM. That game should run well at Med-Hi settings on your machine.

Don't cheat! Thats like paying someone to do something you like: "Sir, can I pay you to drive my sportscar?" :D

7. dmg3d macrumors newbie

cod uo error

I'm having a problem with COD UO... and from searching this forum I see people have finished the game, so I'm assuming it may not be a lost cause.

I've gotten to the Belltower part in Foy, and EVERY time :eek: Moody says something about the tanks... and get to the belltower, an error message pops up:

"entity 239 is not a script_vehicle" and clicking OK takes me back to the main menu (to choose to load a saved game).

I've seen (on this forum) people restart levels to correct problems, so I'll try that first. But if anyone has some insight into this, let me know.

Thanks.
    Dave

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

There's definitely something wrong with your system - When I first installed UO on my Dual 533 I had my old Radeon 7500 and only 512MB of RAM and though nearly unplayable at times I was able to finish the section you are talking about. Most of the game runs significantly better, even on MY G4.

Assuming you can get it to work better, the best way use the machine gun is to fire bursts of 8-10 rounds at a time, more if the enemy troops are clumped together. Reload whenever you get a chance, since if you don't the gun will be empty just as somebody is charging your foxhole. The machine gun is slow to releoad though, so be careful with your timing!

Make sure you've installed the latest system updates, nothing is running in the backround, repair permissions, run fsck etc. Good luck with it.

Oh, and BTW its a .30 cal (.30-06) machinegun, not 30mm (don't mind me, I'm just a snotty WWII buff... :D ).

9. dmg3d macrumors newbie

Restarting the level took care of the problem...