CoD UO

Discussion in 'Games' started by 5300cs, Dec 30, 2004.

1. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Is this game IMPOSSIBLE or what??
    I'm on greenhorn, at the Chateau where you have to protect Sgt. Moody and I've had to continue at LEAST 50 times because I keep getting killed or Moody gets whacked.
    WTF- there are like 50,000 German troops, the other US soldiers are useless and there are not enough health packs. :mad: :mad:

Really pissed about this game......

2. lordmac macrumors regular

Well I own it but.........

Well I own both Call of Duty and United Offensive but I havn't gotten that far. Sorry about your trouble when I get there and Ifind some way to beat it ill try and find this post again and tell you. I just got them for chrismas and very pleased with them they are great games. I fined them to be much better then medal of honor. Sorry I couldn't help more but im sure you will figure it out at some piont just keep trying. :D

3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Right now I'm at like the 3rd mission as a Russian, on Cadet :-D . As for the Chateau mission, it's not quite impossible- just close. Basically just figure out which guys are whacking you, and snipe them, duck often, and move over near the gate that Moody comes through when he's starting to come near, and shoot any enemies you see near him.

doubt that's helpful, but the mission is possible, just very hard.

4. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

I don't want to come off like I hate the game- I actually love it. I finished the first one and am just getting engrossed in this one (too much.)

Thanks for the advice :)

5. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

It is helpful, thanks. It's just that there are so many Germans shooting all over the place at the same time it's frustrating to say the least :mad: Do you have to protect everyone or just Moody? They all seem to chase after him and shoot at him the most. The ones coming over the fence, from inside the building, and from down the road!!

6. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

When you first get into the chateau try to pick up one of the big German machineguns then collect as much ammo for it as you can. When you have to defend Moody and his platoon set up the MG on the right hand side of the gap in the wall, next to the burnt out Sherman. Right click to set up the MG then use short bursts to kill Germans as they appear. You only need to keep Moody from getting killed, not the rest of the platoon. There are health packs in the first building forward and to the left of your position, so if you get time run in there first to boost your health.

But ... it gets worse after that! German tank and half-track attacks, Germans getting into the chateau ... it's just like the Russian apartment block in CoD - you'll be running everywhere trying to stay alive and at the same time trying to pick up bazookas and SMG ammo.

7. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

That part was actually easier :p

I'm past that now, I'm a Russian soldier on the level where you have to clear the rubble for tanks in the square (forgot the name, couldn't spell it even if I did remember.) You have to follow Sgt. Antonov up to a building, when I get up there, the game freezes then says "undefined is not an object" and kicks me out to the main menu. I've tried reloading a save state from a little bit before that point, but it's doing the same thing.

Anyone else having this problem?? :confused:

8. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

That undefined error happened to me on an earlier level and I only had to reload once and the error never occurred again. One of the things I look forward to the most on CoD are the credits. They actually make me want to watch, rather than boring scrolling text.

9. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

It's happened to me 3 times, but I cannot get past it this time. It's driving me nuts :confused: :mad:

10. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

I've been getting the same thing, mainly when I shoot something that shouldn't be shot, but I haven't had the same error repeat itself. Have you tried restarting the whole level?

11. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

No, but I just did, and it worked :D

Thanks, now off to reclaim the train station :mad: :mad:

12. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Don't be tempted to crawl the length of any of the trains to outflank the Germans - they'll suddenly appear at the ends of the train in large numbers and then you'll be in trouble...

Keep moving; use the 88 rather than panzerschreks to destroy the tanks, but don't stay on the 88 for too long; try to shoot down a Stuka with the 88 - that's very satisfying; keep moving; play around with the four-barrelled flak gun, but again don't stay on it for too long; there are plenty of health packs lying around especially at the back of the station; did I say ... keep moving.

13. 5300cs thread starter macrumors 68000

5300cs

Heh, I finished it :D

I used the 88 to tank out the first tank that comes, then moved to the end of the platform and used the flak gun. After sweeping back & forth a few times, I had to duck back and pick up some health packs.

I thought the game would be bigger/longer. Also, in MP there's the Rhineland(?) and Italy stages, but those don't seem to be in SP. I guess I was going by the pattern set in the original CoD.

14. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Well done! It's an excellent addition to the full game, let's hope there'll be another one sometime.

In the meantime Men of Valor looks like the next game for me to get excited about.

15. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I used the BAR to protect Moody; that gun is wicked.

I'm on the train station right now, but unfortunately the level is so laggy I might have to wait until my G4 upgrade arrives to beat it. :(

16. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Me? I'm still in the second level of the first scenario, trying to figure out what to do after taking out a halftrack to my left and watching a bunch of Germans in the far distance to my right.

Moody is running back and forth and everytime I try to get where he is, I get blown up.

All you experts want to help a CoD:UO newbie? :eek:

17. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I think I know the level you are talking about. If I'm correct there should be health packs in the trenches. Also try running deeper in the forest and not out in the open.

18. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Have you tried jumping out of the back of the foxhole, crouching down and moving away from the battle first? Don't try to run along the line of foxholes after Moody until you've got near to the back of the forest. You'll be able to see where he is on your HUD, so then you can angle yourself back to the line of foxholes. There are health packs in the new foxhole, and you have to man a MG. Fire this in short bursts as you see the enemy appear, and reload during periods when there aren't any enemy in sight. It takes time to reload the MG, and if you've got 3 or 4 Germans coming right at you you might not get time to reload the gun and you'll find youself being clubbed to death by a German in your foxhole. ;)

19. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Yup! And the problems I'm having is after I've used the MG to whack the halftrack gunner. Moody runs back and forth, so I jump out, crouch, and try to move off to the right, away from the battle.

:mad: The artillery gets me all the time. :confused:

20. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Are you reloading mid-battle or going back to the start of that section?

Sometimes my saves were at a point where was assured to die in a few seconds and I was forced to go back about five minutes in the game to get past those parts.

21. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

Oh, sorry I thought you meant the first foxhole. The same thing could still apply - move to the rear of the forest away from the line of foxholes then angle forwards again. You have to get to yet another foxhole, about half way between your first and second foxholes, and pick up a sniper rifle.

22. CharlieBoy macrumors newbie

CHEATS?

Can anyone tell me how to set the command line parameters for the cheats to work. I assume I need to set these at start up?
    It's driving me nuts!

Charlieboy

23. dual64bit macrumors 6502

Speaking of COD, Team[mac] plays that games in scrimages and touraments :)

Anyhow, you can visit the clan's site at:

http://www.team-mac.com

24. applekid macrumors 68020

For starters, you need to enable the CoD console in the settings.

And then go to Call of Duty for your cheats.

25. CharlieBoy macrumors newbie

Re: Cheats

THANKS APPLEKID,

I'm in!!

Charlieboy