OS X COD2 & 4, Duke Nuken Forever, Doom 3, Quake 4, and Rage - $38/£25/ €30

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SilentPanda, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Deal is only good for the next 3 days.

Seems like a decent deal if you don't own any of the games. The sale is being put on by http://www.getgamesgo.com/. I don't need them so I'm not buying them so I can't tell if they activate on Steam or not.

You can also get a few of the games at a discount if you don't get the whole pack.

2. macrumors regular

Towelie1288

interesting deal but i dont think it works with steam
    so i am going to skip this

3. macrumors regular

When you hover over the games' pictures, only Duke Nukem shows that it works with Steam.

Sounds like a good deal still, maybe I'll pick up Quake and Doom, thanks for the post OP!

4. macrumors regular

Towelie1288

yea thanks i noticed
    thanks either way for the post OP :)

5. macrumors regular

Too bad I had forgotten that I already played Quake 4...

Does anybody know if I can resell the game key on eBay, it's not tied to a Steam account?

6. macrumors 6502

I'm sure you could give it to someone who really wants it, like a gamer friend or something like that. I don't know if you could sell it on eBay.

7. macrumors regular

Yeah, that's probably the best option. Duke Nukem Forever is a lot better than expected, even though I find the performance difference between Mac OSX and Windows baffling. Under OSX the game ran very choppy, and in Windows it plays 1440p on Ultra with FSAA and even V-Synch on, perfectly smooth. It's an older game, so it should run that way in Windows, but I wouldn't have imagined the performance penalty to be so high in OSX. So far Diablo 3 is the only game I've found enjoyable under OSX.

8. macrumors 6502

MW3 runs flawlessly on my Windows partition but Black Ops barely runs on my Mac. Windows drivers are a ton better.