Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
interesting deal but i dont think it works with steam
so i am going to skip this

When you hover over the games' pictures, only Duke Nukem shows that it works with Steam.

Sounds like a good deal still, maybe I'll pick up Quake and Doom, thanks for the post OP!

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
When you hover over the games' pictures, only Duke Nukem shows that it works with Steam.

Sounds like a good deal still, maybe I'll pick up Quake and Doom, thanks for the post OP!

yea thanks i noticed
thanks either way for the post OP :)

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Too bad I had forgotten that I already played Quake 4...

Does anybody know if I can resell the game key on eBay, it's not tied to a Steam account?

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York
Too bad I had forgotten that I already played Quake 4...

Does anybody know if I can resell the game key on eBay, it's not tied to a Steam account?

I'm sure you could give it to someone who really wants it, like a gamer friend or something like that. I don't know if you could sell it on eBay.

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
I'm sure you could give it to someone who really wants it, like a gamer friend or something like that. I don't know if you could sell it on eBay.

Yeah, that's probably the best option. Duke Nukem Forever is a lot better than expected, even though I find the performance difference between Mac OSX and Windows baffling. Under OSX the game ran very choppy, and in Windows it plays 1440p on Ultra with FSAA and even V-Synch on, perfectly smooth. It's an older game, so it should run that way in Windows, but I wouldn't have imagined the performance penalty to be so high in OSX. So far Diablo 3 is the only game I've found enjoyable under OSX.

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York
Yeah, that's probably the best option. Duke Nukem Forever is a lot better than expected, even though I find the performance difference between Mac OSX and Windows baffling. Under OSX the game ran very choppy, and in Windows it plays 1440p on Ultra with FSAA and even V-Synch on, perfectly smooth. It's an older game, so it should run that way in Windows, but I wouldn't have imagined the performance penalty to be so high in OSX. So far Diablo 3 is the only game I've found enjoyable under OSX.

MW3 runs flawlessly on my Windows partition but Black Ops barely runs on my Mac. Windows drivers are a ton better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.