COD2; about as noob as you can get

Discussion in 'Games' started by phillipjfry, Dec 26, 2006.

1. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Next month I plan on owning a 24'' iMac for games, media, and the like. I already own CoD2 cd and have played/loved it on my pc/winxp. Do I have to buy a specific version from apple.com? Or is the UB already on the cd? I am at work right now and can't really look on the cd for a Mac/ Folder and see if it has the UB on it.

p.s. Waiting is the hardest part about getting what you want

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Activision released it on everything except Mac, which was handled by Aspyr.
    You'd have to rebuy the game that Aspyr did, because the Activision one isn't for Mac. If you're jonesin' to play the game, you could just use Boot Camp to boot over to XP and then play the one you already bought; no sense in repurchasing the game again IMO. I'm sure CoD3 will be coming out soon enough for Mac (by Aspyr again); I'd just wait and get that one rather than buy CoD2 again.

3. phillipjfry thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

CoD3 for Mac? I thought that the game was going to be console only (eg. no PC or Mac version). Maybe I am wrong :confused:

4. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

unusually, the didnt release it for pc, that doesnt mean its not coming to pc or mac... its just not out yet... if they release one for pc or mac it should be announced in the next quarter

5. Canerican macrumors regular

Maybe they will do like Big Red 1?

COD3 looks awesome, but I hate consoles... Soooo COD2 for me until we get something.

6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Call of Duty 3 is only for consoles, at least for now...I have it for the 360, pretty good game, but your not missing out on some huge sequel if you own Call of Duty 2.