COD2 better than COD3??

Discussion in 'Games' started by Old Mac Geezer, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Old Mac Geezer macrumors member

I play both of these games a lot and I am noticing that I enjoy playing COD2 a lot more. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced this??

2. ericsthename macrumors regular

I dunno - I played COD2 a fair bit, but on computer. I've only played COD3 on multiplayer XBL a little bit. I know they're from different developers, so there are probably reasons to prefer one over the other.

Don't have enough experience to say which though.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It'a preference. I like both games – CoD2 because the level design feels better to me, and CoD3 because of classes and having 24 players in a match.

4. aholden12592 macrumors regular

i loved COD2 and still do - singleplayer AND multiplayer. i rented COD3 and the singleplayer was boring, multiplayer had no other nations and you die after like one shot. COD2 dominated and i loved it

5. Accylad macrumors member

Accylad

I would say COD3 is a far more intense gaming experience than COD2. I didn't really enjoy the 2. Once you get into the missions it's all out war. Still not a patch on Battlefield Vietnam though! (pc) The online battles need a lot more development in my eyes to make it a more engaging experience. The single player modes are good though.

6. MP4-22 macrumors member

I like COD2 better in single player, but COD3 has a lot better multiplayer. Both are really good games though.

7. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

COD3 sucks. They should have named it Call of "BATTLEFIELD" 3. The game feels nothing like the series and is a waste of money. Most people who bought COD3 traded it back in and play COD2.

Sniping in COD3 feels so wrong. COD4 will be the best since Infinity Ward (makers of COD2) will be developing it.

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

And you know this how?

Oh, right, you don't.

9. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Oh, right, I do. I work at Babbages.

10. bmb012 macrumors 6502

COD2 is FAR better, much simpler multiplayer that can actually be enjoyed with less than 16 people. COD3 is decent, but definitely not great.

11. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

And, of course, your experience applies to everyone, all over the world.

Please. :rolleyes:

:p

12. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

i LOVE COD3. It's a great game and a blast on xbox live. It's all I play. I returned Gears of War after one use! If any mac users are on there my gamertag is tjcomic

Cheers, Tommy

13. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I dont know why I bought cod3 its just cod2 but with cars and tanks... I only play online.