CoD3 online matches

Discussion in 'Games' started by irishgrizzly, Nov 20, 2006.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Hi,

I know there is a Call of Duty 3 thread below, but it turned into a lengthy consoles verses PCs debate.

So, I was wondering if anyone had an trouble joining matches online? I use a router, so I did the whole port forwarding thing – it improved things but not much. Anyone one had experiences getting round this?

Ta!

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I have no issues at all now – the first day on my 360 things were a little strange but the next day all the issues were gone and now I have no trouble at all.

And I too use a router.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Irish.

Check your NAT settings on your 360. Go into Networking & Test connection.

NAT should be OPEN if it's MODERATE then that is your primary problem

There's loads of talk on the CelticSnipers forums & Boards.ie about COD3. It seems if your NAT settings are moderate it makes it difficult to enter some games against certain people.

There was a similar problem with Chromehounds. Certain games seem to require NAT to be open more strictly than others.

The only way of making your NAT setting open is to get your ISP to give you a fixed IP address.

Are ye down in Cork Grizzly? Are you with Eircom / NTL / BT ? or with a crowd like Permanet. We are with Permanet and in order to get a fixed IP address, we just asked them and they gave it to us.

It solved all my problems with connections to certain games.

Good luck.

4. irishgrizzly thread starter macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Hey RumorUser,

I'm up in the big smoke :p

I got it working – found the xbox live port forwarding settings in a drop down list preloaded in the (Eircom) router. I also changed my firewall from Medium to low as it says network gaming works better this way. Been playing for the last 4 hours and its sweet as f**k!

Thanks for the reply.