COD3 or wait?

Discussion in 'Games' started by aholden12592, Jan 18, 2007.

1. aholden12592 macrumors regular

So my bday is coming and up and this one (very rich) kid is getting me a gift. I don't know whether to tell him to get me COD3 (top of the list after Resistance and Blazing ANgels) or like 60 bucks for a game later on. On one hand I want a game to play when everyone is over at my house but i am also thinking about oblivion and motorstorm later on. What do you all recommend?

2. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

Get COD3 you won't regret it. It's a fun game.

I would quit referring to him as a "very rich kid" and start calling him you r friend if he thinks enough of you to buy you a 60 dollar game for your birthday.

3. aholden12592 thread starter macrumors regular

the only reason i said that is so people wont think its weird that a kid is getting me a 60 dollar game

4. Spartacus macrumors member

CoD 3 is fantastic. I assume you want it for the PS3, but I've only played it on the 360. It is one of the most successful games at pulling you into it and feeling like you are actually there. Maybe it's because I've got a 47" HDTV and 5.1 surround sound now, but even on a regular TV it would be a super immersive game.

And besides, what else is out/going to come out for PS3 that's any good?

5. chris y. macrumors regular

I have a different opinion of CoD3. If you've played the first and second and enjoyed them and dont mind doing more of the same then go for it. But I guess the whole thing was starting to get old for me so I actually found CoD3 to be boring and redundant fairly quick.

6. aj98 macrumors member

So far, I've found CoD3 to be easier than CoD1...except perhaps while driving the jeep :)

One nice feature is if you have not finished a mission when you exit the game, you go back to the last checkpoint - not the beginning of the mission.

Graphics are great. found a couple of visual anomolies when using a body as cover, but thats about it.

Caveat: I have read if your TV doesn't support 720, it downscales to 480.

To further complicate, the CoD3 box says 720p, 1080i.

Activisions web site says to the effect of "a limited number of packages" were released with erroneous resolution information. 1080 should *not* have been on the box)

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'd say both motorstorm & oblivion are set to be better games overall (albeit different) to COD3.

If you cant afford to buy either of those on your own in a month or two, taking the $60 could be better proposition in the long run.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Go with COD3.

Do not, however, buy Blazing Angels. Worst. Game. Evar.

9. aholden12592 thread starter macrumors regular

ya those were the two games i was thinking of waiting for. I have COD2 on mac and i liked it but i just don't want to find out that the other ones are better.

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

COD3 is nice on the PS3 and if you are a COD fan then I would say go for it but if you can wait then wait for the better games in a months time.

Bless

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

CoD 3 is by far the most intense title in the CoD series yet. However, there was nothing to special about it once you got over that. It's fun to play, but I don't think it was a new standard setting WWII game the way the first two were...I think Oblivion would be a much better investment. You'll get more play time out of your money.