COD3 - wtf

Discussion in 'Games' started by aholden12592, Feb 25, 2007.

1. aholden12592 macrumors regular

So i have resistance and the multiplayer started getting old so i rented COD3 for PS3. Wow, the singleplayer was plain old boring and the multiplayer. While some seconds are fun it is mostly running around and then just getting sniped. The vehicles are death wishes especially the tank. I had COD2 for mac and i loved it. Maybe it was just being closer to the screen but it was a blast. Also - wtf happened to the other countries in MP??!! I mean only playing with Americans or germans?? COD2 was fun because of all the dif weapons in multiplayer.

SO i went back to resistance and it was tons more fun now that i know how crappy COD3 is

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I hope you played it for the recommended 15 hours before forming an opinion :rolleyes:

To be honest I haven't played much of the 360 version of this but I prefer COD2 over 3 any day.

3. darkwing macrumors 65816

I enjoyed the single player campaign very much on COD3 on PS3. I liked it so much I bought cod2 for PS2 and sadly can't enjoy it because of the horrible blocky Wii-like graphics. :( I guess I was spoiled. I'll probably finish it one of these days, though.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Really? I would think think that since the gameplay is so similar(as the input from the PS2 to PS3 hasn't changed much) you'd be able to play such a great game either way..to each is own I guess!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well if that's the case he better not look at Crysis else he'll never be able to play his PS3 again.

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

That's what I thought when I bought it. The problem is that when you try to snipe somebody from far away you can barely see them. You're shooting at a couple of dots rather than a head. It just ruins the experience for me.

I'll give it another try. I still have a stack of ps2 RPGs to finish and I just bought a house, so all that takes my time.:p

7. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I haven't played CoD3, but I loved one and two, so this is a bit disappointing . Maybe the mac or PC version will be better...?

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well I've never played COD3 on the PS3 but I'm asuming its the same damn thing so I'm going to disagree here...I find COD3 single player to be fun and the multiplayer is a freaking blast.

Bless

9. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I am a dieheart fan of cod2 for 360 and I'm well pissed that cod3 doesn't make the cut. If only they would have used the cod2 engine and put in new content

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

COD3 looks downright amazing in 1080i. While I like the missions in 2 slightly better, there is absolutely nothing wrong with 3. The controls are smooth and developers made good use of the sixaxis--not too much movement, but enough to have fun with it. My only problem is that on medium, it is just a too easy. Playing it on hard was way more challenging and fun.

EDIT: Playing it on Veteran is making my blood boil. I feel like I'll never beat it this way. I'm going to keep trying though.

11. darkwing macrumors 65816

I'm playing back through Resistance on hard. That's driving me nuts!

How did you get COD3 to play on 1080i on ps3? I play it on 720p. Did they update it to use the scaler?

12. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Been there, done that. Resistance is freaken' awesome.

I thought it could natively play 1080i. Maybe not. Next time I start it up I'll check my TV to see what resolution it is running at. Regardless, it looks great.

13. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Played the Wii version. It was a blast. Love the controls.

I haven't tried it on 360 or PS3 though and probably won't. Hard to go back to dual analog FPS gaming after Wii control.

14. darkwing macrumors 65816

A positive FPS review with Wii controls? I'm shocked and amazed!

15. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Don't be.

Not all Wii FPS games control the way Red Steel did. This one was handled very well.

16. darkwing macrumors 65816

Excellent. One question then. Can I play COD3 on the Wii the old fashioned way with a GC controller or something?

I want to get a Wii for SSBB but I've decided I really don't like motion control at all. After playing the motorstorm demo and fl0w with motion, I realize I would rather play with analog sticks. Motorstorm lets me, but fl0w does not. I will not get a Wii if the devs force me to use the Wiimote once its novelty wears off.

17. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

I have not tried but I doubt it.

Word is that SSBB will be using the classic controller.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The Smash Bros devs have said over and over that the game uses standard controls. Gamecube or Classic Controller.

19. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

All games need this option. The novelty of swinging a remote around has worn out for me, i just want to control link or whatever character it may be with a standard controller.

On a GREAT note, the latest Nintendo Power has a full article on Super Paper Mario, you hold the WiiMote like a controller and that it is a platformer first and a RPG second unlike previous games in the franchise. Yay for no motion, just give me a damn controller already :)

Ed

20. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Agree. I loved COD2 enough to play it through a couple of times, but COD3 with some of the "new" aspects (i.e. bombs and hand to hand) being completely without a point.
    All down to the fact it wasn't produced by Infinity Ward though... roll on COD4 and Inifinity Wards return to the helm...

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

COD3 - another game I've only played a couple of levels on.

I must actually finish some :eek:

22. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

If you are judging motion control based on the way the PS3 handles it, then you have never really used motion control. The entire Wii console is built around the technology, and wasn't tacked on the was Sony decided to do.

If you really want to see how motion control works, pick up a game that actually has done it well on the Wii.

23. darkwing macrumors 65816

Excellent! Then there is perhaps a Wii in my future yet again!

24. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It took all of 4 hours of the Wii for the novelty to wear off and for me to get sick of motion control. I think the PS3 does it much better. They add motion here and there, but the game does not rely on it. I'm sure others, such as yourself, disagree, but for many of us the Wii is overkill.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's taken me 1 month and 26 days and I'm still not finding the novelty wearing off. What novelty? Does it enhance some games? yes. is it required for all games? no. I can now play FPS games to an inch of what they're like on my PC - that's not novelty that's evolution. I would say 430 quid is overkill for a video games system, and BluRay is overkill for video games.