Cod4 runs on IMAC?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mrsilkunderwear, May 5, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2007
    Was wondering if COD4 will run one those new imacs? I am thinking about gettin the 3.06 version with probably 4 gigs of RAM. Will the 8800 gs pull it off? Bootcamp or Fusion?
  2. macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2008
  3. macrumors 68040

Feb 17, 2008
    COD4 is out for mac os x soon so buy it and support the mac gaming community ;)

And you don't have to keep booting into windows.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2007
    I would love to support the mac community but I heard ports on macs usually suck, so ehh is that true?
  5. macrumors 65816

Feb 23, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    I'll have to agree there. I can't stand gaming on the Mac. I have an MBP and a gaming pc and would much rather play games under Windows.
  6. macrumors member

Feb 20, 2008
    I had the opportunity to install a copy of COD2 in XP, after I bought COD 2 for OSX.

I found that the MAC had a higher ping (65 to 70 opposed to 35 or 40) on the same servers, and amount of people, at roughly the same time of day.

I found my mouse to be "jerky" on the mac compared to the PC (i am using a G7 cordless logitech). I also had problems with the video not seeming to keep up - no i ddint do any tests on frame rates or anything, but i coudl feel the differecnce, especially when i hooked the box up to my 40" bravia.

I ended up buying COD4 for the PC, and not waiting for the MAC version. I would love to play it on the MAC, adn maybe COD4 will run much better than COD2 does, but until i could test it out, i would stick witht the PC version.

(keep in mind i am an old school pc user - i started on apples but gave them up after the first lucas arts x-wing game came out)

BUT I STILL LOVE MY :apple:
  7. macrumors G4

Sep 7, 2006
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    My son runs CoD4 on his 2.4GHz HD2600 iMac and it runs fairly well on medium settings.