Code Already Redeemed?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Sharpnd, Jul 24, 2014.

1. macrumors newbie

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

I went to install Yosemite and it gave me my beta key. Launched the app store and it said I had to update billing info first. So I do that, and I get brought to a blank page. Close it out and went to try to download it again and it says my key is already used. Doesn't show up under updates, purchase history, nothing. Any ideas?

2. macrumors regular

Some people are reporting that if you sign up again for the beta, this time it'll work. But lot's of people are having problems redeeming their codes and this is a temp solution.

3. macrumors 65816

joshwithachance

Leave the beta program, and re-sign up. It gives you a new code that works.:cool:

4. macrumors 68000

I can't even do that. I get a server error 500 when I try to leave the program.

----------

I finally was able to leave, when I sign back up it just now says "We'll be back. We are busy updating the site." etc. I think we are overloading their network lol

5. macrumors regular

That and i think there is something wrong with the entire thing because despite running the Developer Previews, I signed up for the beta program early on and I haven't been able to d/l anything. It just doesn't work. :(

6. Contributor

AndyK

Same problem here.

7. macrumors regular

menano

Sign in with a different apple ID and get a new code. Worked for me

8. macrumors 68000

Leave the beta program and sign back up. That worked for me, I got a new code.

9. macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

I got my code, redeemed it successfully, but where do I download the BETA. It does not appear on the App Store. What next?

10. macrumors member

I had the same issue I just used my dad's Apple ID to sign up (he won't use it for Yosemite anyways so why not). My first redemption code had "already been used". BS but it's ok now

11. macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Mine wasn't used until I redeemed it myself. The problem is that it didn't produce a copy of Yosemite to download int the App Store.

12. macrumors 68000

Check launchpad.. it appears there once you redeem

tmorrow24 likes this.
  13. Editor

jclo

Staff Member

14. macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Yeah, it was downloading but stupid me didn't realize it. I thought it would appear in the MAS and I would click on it from there.

I've already downloaded and installed on a secondary drive.

Thank for the reply.

15. macrumors member

Not downloading?

It says that it's redeemed and that my APP will now start downloading? But that's not happening? Hmmm

16. macrumors member

Error Downloading

I have refreshed and attempted to get a new code but it keeps giving me the same code and an error continues to persist.

17. macrumors newbie

how long does it take to download?

Got the already redeemed msg, tried refreshing; that didn't work. Signed in with different name, that worked, redeemed code, got msg that it was downloading, and now no sign of it (including in launchpad). How long does it take to download? Anywhere to look to see if it IS downloading?

Answer to my own question: you can find it in the downloads page of the Apps app. Appears to take about half an hour.

18. macrumors newbie

This worked for me. I redeemed my code, went to app store -- nothing. tried to redeem again, and got the message already used. But as stated above, i checked my launchpad, and there was the beta downloading. Thanks for the good answer.

19. macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Look at Purchased Tag... There can you see it if you lost it! :)