Code Sign error: ??

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Fritzables, Apr 27, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Hi All,

Up until now I have being using XCode4 to develop for OS X. Now it's time to try my hand at developing for IOS (5.0).

At this stage, I have not joined Apple's Developer Program (intending to do so).

I have created a simple test application for my iPad which has IOS 5.0. I would dearly like to put it on my iPad to see how it runs.

When I run the application under the XCode iPad 5.0 Simulator all runs well and displays what I would have expected.

As soon as I switch over to IOS Device then either attempt to Build or Archive I end up with the following error:

Code:
    [BEROR]Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
    I have done much searching and really don't find a definitive answer.

Can anyone assist??

Pete

2. macrumors 65816

jnoxx

You kinda answered your own question..
    If you read through the documentation on how to run on your own device, you need to actually pay the 99$, go through the hell (it's easy once you've done it a couple times) to make all the profiles, to install on the device.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply jnoxx.
    How does the system know if one is a member or not?

Pete

4. macrumors 603

After you pay, you make a signing key (a certificate/private-key pair).

You can't sign anything without a signing key.

The signing key itself is signed by Apple. The signing tool (and the device) only accepts keys signed by Apple.

5. macrumors 65816

jnoxx

After you payed there is an online portal, you have to make a key from your machine, accept it in the portal, you get a profile, the key/profile have to match up ON your device, and when that all is done, the app will install :) (only on devices that are setup in that same portal, which is 100 allowed devices per account)