Code WarsHello.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MadDoc, May 8, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

MadDoc

Hello.

I am working on a game called Code Wars. It is inspired by a freeware 'beta' (read never really finished) game called Dark Signs. It is a console-based hacking simulator where you need to connect to various 'servers', steal files, etc to complete the game. It features a BASIC-like scripting language called Xscript that all missions and servers are written in. I hope for it to be very customisable. I have been working on it on-and-off for two years but it has now moved to the forefront of my spare time.

We are a little way from a playable alpha but I am keeping a development log to keep people up to date with our progress. A forum has also been established for the game.

On a side note - we are desperately in need of a web designer to help build our website. If you are at all interested then please email us.

Thanks,

MadDoc
    room 65 Software

P.S. Can a mod removed the 'hello' from the end of this thread title please?

2. macrumors 68020

Krevnik

Have you considered doing a UI like Introversion did with Uplink?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I have but I think it will distract from the effect I am aiming for in the game.

I have plans to support simple drawing commands with Xscript (such as pixel drawing as well as images).

I'm just trying to do something a little different :)

MadDoc
    room 65 Software