Codec overrun?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The General, Jan 22, 2007.

1. The General macrumors 601

I've seen this on my old MacBook Pro 15.4" Core Duo, it was with Flip4Mac. No matter what I did, it wouldn't mount the disk image. I even sent the same file that wouldn't work on mine to a friend and it worked fine. Now I see it again on my new 17" MBP C2D. What is up with this? I download the file over and over, from different places, and it just refuses to mount.

The one I got direct from Adobe doesn't work either, torrented ones don't either. This is really frustrating...

[​IMG]

2. The General thread starter macrumors 601

wtf? Now I know there's something really fishy going on ... I just tried it again and it worked fine. :confused: :rolleyes:

3. Yannick macrumors member

Exact same problem here on my new MBP 17'' (see signature, all is up-to-date). A second download for Graphic converter (73 MB) solved it, but 4 downloads for TechTool Pro (599.5 MB) from 3 different places (including from Apple Store), trying with safari and firefox, didn't work. A friend downloaded on iMac CoreDuo without problem the first time… I don't know if my Hard Drive is faulty???

4. Yannick macrumors member

Went to the Apple Store today. They found out that the 2x2 GB RAM was faulty. Putting back in the original 2x1 GB RAM and (erase &) reinstall the system solved the problem. Now I need to return the faulty RAM.

5. NewYorkYogi macrumors newbie

codec overrun solution

I got the codec overrun message when attempting to mount .dmg's that I created from DVDs I burned. Very disturbing. The solution I stumbled across was to click the Skip button while the .dmg Verification dialog was up. Presto, it mounted. :cool: Hope this helps.