Coder ran off on me.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by ErnRenner, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2007
    I am trying to drum up some info on an iPhone game I created with the help of a coder who has gone MIA on me...

My question is-

Since I am nearly clueless to the "coding" side of this... I was wondering where- in XCODE I would be looking for the IP address to connect to an online server I am running?

The situation, I WAS running the game on a mac mini @ - the game didn't get to where it shoulda been - and ultimately I have it sitting in my spare room connected to a static IP address - server running, but somewhere in the code of the game it is looking for the server at the old macminicolo spot- and I don't have that address.

I have the code, just wondering if anyone out there would know if there is a generic spot (or file) to look for that information.

Any help appreciated.
  2. macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2009
    search the folder of source code for either the ip address, or the dns name
  3. macrumors 68000

Jun 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If you're comfortable sharing your code, I would be more than happy to take a look and help you change it.
  4. macrumors G5

Nov 25, 2005
    The coder didn't go AWOL, he went MIA. Better be very, very careful. :D
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2007
    Oh yes, Coder went a Bit AWOL too...

But that's over and done with..

I do need help - on a more broad scale "at some point"... as the game hasn't been in the app stores since 2.0-- but I wanted to start playing around with it and see what still functions on my old version - if someone wants to work with me to get the game going - I'm all ears! Its a "side project" for me... and I've copyrighted the code (so it's mine). Send me your email address and we'll - so I can get it to you.

I appreciate ANY help.
  6. Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.