Coffee Craver, Java Jockey, Latté Lover?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wardofsky, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Ok, we've set out a few hobbies that everyone likes, for example Photography (It's amazing how many photographers there are here) and I decided well, if no-one likes coffee. Meh. I'll let the thread die.

But hopefully there will be some people (at least) that enjoy coffee for the aromatic tastes or the culture of the bean.

You can tell, by now, that I happen to enjoy coffee for the taste and culture, are there any other people like me?

2. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

Folgers; no cream, no sugar. I need 4-6 cups before noon, or my brain stays in neutral all day. :D

3. ooartist macrumors member

Re: Coffee Craver, Java Jockey, Latté Lover?

I love coffee too! My favorite coffee of all time is here http://shop.cafedumonde.com/coffee.html . My everyday coffee is Triple Shot Soy Latté and without coffee I could not function at all.

ooartist

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

aaaahhhhhh.....coffee....

I grew up drinking coffee. My mom used to give me a little bit in an espresso cup when I was a wee one. The scent of beans alone puts me at ease.

I'm sipping my morning coffee right now as I type this. :D

I love either French or Dark Roast in most cases. I like it brewed kinda strong, almost thick (anyone who's had coffee & chickory will know what I mean). I use some Coffeemate nondairy creamer, and some Splenda. I like mine bittersweet.

I'll get around to espresso in a bit. ;)

6. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I like the coffee culture of sitting on a sidewalk, sipping your drink as others walk by down the city streets laden with other yuppies :) But I don't drink coffee per se ;)

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Mine's more like sitting by myself, TiBook in place with headphones on while sipping on my latté. ;)

But yeah, sometimes it's almost a ritualistic thing with some people. I like to sit & sip, while talking about life with someone interesting. :)

8. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Hey its all about what's comfortable for you. Personally whenever I am in starbucks, and I see someone with a pc, I just stare at them...;) lmao

9. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

coffee is the only must have thing in my day. Now tht I've gienup cigarettes, I can actually taste the stuff and its even better. Id your lookng for new coffees, give portland brew a try. Also, you can pick up bags of chickory at a good resturant supply store if you live outside of New Orleans

10. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

I enjoy all types of coffee.. from any starbucks mocha-cha-cha-chino latte-o-rama, to the regular run of the mill cup of joe.

My current favorite is Green Mountain Coffee's Pumpkin Spice (although its a seasonal selection.. I will be devistated when it is gone). I take that with a little cream and splenda. Delicious!

11. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

yeah i've been drinking coffee since i was far too young. every so often i get off it and just drink tea, but the bean keeps pulling me back in! since i moved up here i get all my coffee from

Peet's

a friend of mine was in hawaii and got me some kona. wow was that good.

ps drastik i love your 'tar!

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Oh man, that is some good stuff. I haven't had any in a while though, maybe I'll order some soon for the holidays? :D

I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I do get caffeine headaches when I don't have any at all. Addiction? ;)

13. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i've been enjoying coffee more and more. i like french vanilla and breakfast blend coffees with plenty of cream and sugar.

i've like a few of the latte and mocha type things but when you get into those fancy espressos and cappacinos i'm not to knowlegdable as to what it is your actually ordering.

its nice too have coffee when your working on something..or during class is great. but better yet going out to the cafe's and sitting talking with some friends is definitely the best way to have coffee

14. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

it's so expensive though! she must've gotten a good price out there. at the stores here it's 25 or 30 bucks a half-pound! second only to jamaican blue mountain.

haha the beans have got their claws in you!
    :D

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Yeah, Kona is definitely expensive...so good though.

I'm damned curious to try the most expensive coffee in the world, which is actually produced with dung. It sounds a bit nasty, but it's acclaimed as the best.

And yeah, I've got a caffeine addiction going on. I usually have just one cup in the morning, and maybe another in the evening or some tea. I don't want to drink too much, as it dehydrates u easily. ;)

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Trader Joe's has some Kona coffee that's 1/3 of that....I've been still working on some Café du Monde stuff that eye gave me this summer.

Anyone interested in doing a coffee exchange program? Pick a favorite of yours and send it to others who send you their favs?

D

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Are u kidding? ;)

U still have some of that coffee & chickory?

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Of course! I'm the only one drinking it, except when we have company, and with all the crap going on in the house, we've not been doing dinner parties....

So I'll make some every other week or so, if we don't make it to Mishas.

D

19. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

yeah i've heard about this - they feed the bean to some kind of cat and then recover it after it's been...disposed of...and then grind and brew it. there's no way i'd ever try that!!

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I know. I'm just giving u crap. ;)

How was the decaf version btw?

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It does sound pretty gross, but it's raved about. I'm up for trying almost anything.

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You can't really tell the difference. And I've been make 1/2 and 1/2 anyway lately. Good stuff....our architect loves the stuff too, every time he's been over to go over plans he looks forward to a cup. :D

D

23. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

i know i'm going to sound like a total coffee snob, but from highschool all the way to just a few years ago, i worked in so many coffee shops that i almost turned pro -- so it's hard for me not to get carried away. i've made an effort in the past few years to cut back on caffiene, so i'm down to just one cup in the morning. but you better believe that one cup is made from the best damn beans i can find.

i get mine from a roaster in Ithaca, NY who import all their beans straight from the source (they've got a selection of blends from all over the world) and roast them no more than a day before shipping to you -- you'd literally have to grow & roast your own beans to get a fresher cup.

and i would ABSOLUTELY be down for a coffee exchange! do we have any volunteers to organize? should we just collect names & addresses draw them out of some sort of digital hat?

24. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Mr. A...

I hope your architect hasn't had too much of it then. :eek: ;)

sonofslim...

Nothing wrong with knowing what u like. :)

Something I just read, which will appeal to the active people around here:

25. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

true dat! and while a decade or so making coffee for a living will teach you a lot about what you like, you also have to deal with a lot of customers who tell! you! what! they! like!!!! ... if you know what i'm saying. so i try not to be "that guy" when i talk about coffee.

"I NEED A DOUBLE TALL SMALL MOCHACHOKABLABLACCINO WITH LESS FOAM THAN LAST TIME BUT MORE FOAM THAN THE OTHER GUY WHO MAKES THEM, YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN, THE TALL GUY? AND COULD YOU PUT IT IN TWO CUPS, ONE WITH SOY MILK AND THE OTHER WITH REGULAR MILK, BUT NOT SO HOT? BUT NOT, LIKE, COLD, EITHER. AND WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG? THE TALL GUY NEVER TAKES THIS LONG."

(by the way, that drink is called a "sneezer" behind the counter.)