Coffee may lower Diabetes risk

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Jan 7, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Good to know, but that's more coffee than I want to drink in a day. I've tried cutting it down in the past months, and I have...1 cup a day in most cases. ;)

3. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

The two diet studies that I participated in last year both restricted the amount of daily coffee intake to 16 ounces. It tends to act as a diuretic, so it removes nutients.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Remove the nutrients and you might get rid of the things that cause you to become diabetic ;)

6 cups a day is way too much - better just to eat right and avoid carbs and sugars.

D

5. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

that amount of coffee / cofeine causes you far more serious problems. that amount of coffee, and all your proteins coming from animal proteines (meat etc) will be a big risk of osteoporosis - they both cause you being acidic (checmically) and the bones to lose calcium to correct the acidity.

i would not ecceed 2-3 cups of coffee a day. i try to stay under 5, (normally: 2-3 espressos/americanos a day, measured in single doses). i used to drink 10-12 espressos a day

6. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

Caffeine Chaos
    It may be easier to monitor your caffeine intake if you have your coffee at home.

The caffeine content of coffee shop coffees can vary widely, according to research. In fact, an analysis revealed that some drinks could have double the caffeine in them one day compared to the previous day. Experts speculate that variations in roasting, brewing, and grinding methods may keep the caffeine content from being constant.

RealAge Benefit: Actively patrolling your health can make your RealAge as much as 12 years younger.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It's funny u get those same RealAge emails wd. Do u recall what u signed up for to get on that list, because I don't?

As for diabetes, I read another article in a Men's Health supplemental magazine. There's studies which have good results for decreasing your chances of developing by controlling your carb intake by sticking with foods that have a low GI. Really interesting how certain foods fare against each other.

8. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I orginally filled out a questionare to find out what my real age. If I remember correctly I orginally heard about this site on the radio.