Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mrjamin, Mar 19, 2003.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

Feb 6, 2003

My girlfriend placed her order for a 17" iMac on the apple store last thursday - to replace her windows based pc. The same day she placed her order, both her home pc AND her work pc started playing up! Her work pc would crash every 5 minutes - the situation with her home pc was a little worse. Her plan was to sell it to a friend of mine. I reformatted it, reinstalled the os and a a few apps. We took it round to my friends house and guess what - it wouldn't turn on! Fans would whirr, but the monitor was blank and there was non bleep from the base unit. Could it be that her pc's were jealous of the 'new addition' to her desk? I took the thing apart, put it back together in a different case with a different powersupply, removed all the non-vital components and came to my conclusion that it was an ex-computer. I've discovered that her processor had processed it's last and slipped off the mortal coil!

I didn't realise that computers could die of a broken heart.

R.I.P Anne's PC
  2. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2003
    LOL it killed its self. It could not take the humilation of being replaced by a Mac.

You know what they say:
    Everytime someone buys a Mac, Bill Gates wallet burn's.

Please excuse this drunkin post.:confused: