Cold in the midwest.

Discussion in 'Community' started by stoid, Dec 11, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Well, it's officially cold here in my dorm room at NWMSU! I have had the heater on full blast, but apparently it is in vain. I was greeted this morning by a cool breeze. I went to see if my roommate had opened the window or something only to find the window so caked over with ice that it could not be opened. Fortunately, I have one more final today, then I'm out of here tomorrow morning.

Attached Files:

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Wow, that's a depressing sight to wake up to! I'm glad you're getting out of there, hopefully to someplace warmer ;).

Nice picture btw.

3. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Yes, I'm going home to STL for a day, and then flying to Taiwan to visit my brother! It's like 70s over there! :D :D :D

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, it's so cold in iowa that i'm about ready to lose it. i hate cold, so bad... must move warmer. my car was literally encased in ice the other day, and most of it still is. which makes it fun to drive :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pnw

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Ugh. It's cold in Michigan too. I have to be out late tonight, because I have school, so i won't get home until late. Naturally, me, being me, I forgot both my gloves and my hat when I left for work this morning. I know, stupid, stupid.

6. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

My kids wanted to go play in the snow last week. I hated to tell them that it was just frost. We had actually dropped down to freezing for an hour or so. The last time I remember it snowing down here, and it staying on the ground was probably about 15 years ago...

The summer is hot though, but I kinda like the heat....

7. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Up in northwestern Wisconsin, it's frigid today. Single digits or something. The classroom I'm sitting in now, by contrast, is 85 degrees. :eek:
    The snowfall we got in the past couple days - 8 to 10 inches worth - is nice though. Much rather there be snow if it's going to be cold.

8. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

WOOOOT!

Done with finals!

Just got back from my Physics 101 final that I think I may have aced!

Packing to go home begins...NOW!

9. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

it's pretty ***** cold here, too. it's days like this i'm glad i work out of my house.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations stoid on the occasion of finishing your final. Hope that you will have a nice vacation. Nice picture.

Here in Boston the T 47, it's been a rainy windy day. They are predicting colder weather this weekend.

11. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I think it got up to 11 F today. They are expecting lows of -9 F and highs tomorrow of 11 again. I wish we had more snow.

12. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Today when I left for school round 7ish, it was a blazing 29 degrees out...pretty damn low for puget sound washington :eek:

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

This morning when I left it was a whopping 20 F, a massive improvement over yesterday's 10 F.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We are expecting the cold from the midwest to be here this weekend. There is a possibility of some more snow on Sunday.

15. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I'm sitting here in MN with the outside temp of 12* and a wind chill of 0*

Fortunately I'm sitting at home with a fire going about 15 feet away working on my A+ certs training that my company is mandating I complete by the end of the year. Nothing like a little pressure to make you pass a test....Oh wait did I say pass? :( So I was able to convince my manager to let my coworker fly solo today while I sit at home and study. Which is a good thing because I DO NOT want to go out in this weather. :p

16. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

SiliconAddict-

I'm 2 hrs north of you in Brainerd, and it's not any warmer. :D at least it's a dry cold.:p :eek:

17. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Still cold here in Menomonie, WI, too. At least the temps are still in the double digits though (12 degrees!) Ah, finals.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you well on your Certification Exam. What is the date of your exam SiliconAddict? That was a nice chance to keep warm.

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Next Saturday (20th) for Hardware and the last week in December for Software.
    I'm more then a little irked that they focus 100% on Microsoft OS. God forbid they did a bit of an overview for OS X. I mean occasionally you DO run into a Mac out there. :\

I'm more then a little intimidated by the hardware test even though I think I have a firm grasp on it. I just don't know what to expect.

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Boston, Massachusetts
    Currently: 24°F ClearBoston, Massachusetts
    Currently: -4°C Clear

Wind: Northwest at 7.0 MPH
    Humidity: 32.0%
    Dewpoint: -2°F
    Barometer: 30.48_ inches and rising
    Wind Chill: 16°F
    Wind: Northwest at 11 KPH
    Humidity: 32.0%Dewpoint: -18°C
    Barometer: 1032 millibars and rising
    Wind Chill: -8° C

We are expecting a second Nor'Easter Sunday afternoon. Currently not predicted to be as bad as last weekend with 17.1" in Boston.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/weather/2689224/detail.html