Coldplay Album Pre-Order on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G-Prime, May 17, 2005.

1. G-Prime macrumors member

Did anyone else see the new Coldplay album up on iTunes for pre-order? It isn't there now, I was wondering how that would work, any ideas?

Bobby

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

yeah, ir eally dopnt get the point in pre-ordering a digital download..

it's not like all the stocks going to be finished when you get to the store..

kinda silly, imho. unless they are only letting a certain amount of albums to be purchased every weeek (bands do this sometimes as a promo.)

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    if im going to get a whole album i like to get the cd :) that way i can have it in the future should i pick to re-rip or whatever

4. G-Prime thread starter macrumors member

Ok it is back there. If you pre-order it you get 2 exclusive tracks and a video interview with the band. The only way to get the tracks and the video is to pre-order. The way it works is that you will be sent an email saying that the album is ready to be downloaded and I presume that there will be a link to download the album. Pretty cool. If you want to see it there is a link at the front of the store in the top right corner.

Bobby

5. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I have to say, I think this is another great idea/deal Apple has got bands to sign onto. Two exclusive songs (I didn't notice the video) on iTunes available only through pre-order. So yeah, it makes a pre-order worth it. I think they're finding plenty of ways to keep their edge.

Haven't decided to buy it yet. I'd like to see a tally here of how many do though.

Did the Math
    Palmer Deville

6. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

Even though this is a good thing. I like to have the actual plastic in my hands. Plus the sound quality of a CD is way better than iTMS. Maybee i'll start buying CD's in iTunes if they would sell them a at least 192 kbps, 128 barley cuts it. Or Apple could come out with some other format of AAC that is actually equvalent to 100% CD quality. And some liner notes on all purchased albums would be nice.

7. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

I'm not to picky about quality on my runs and in the car. At home is a different story. I'd ?assume? most people downloading from iTMS are using high speed connections so it shouldn't matter much. As for the liner notes, I think what they did with the Dave Matthews Band CD is a good start. Now they just need to expand and put it on all of them. And yeah, as an album only is fine.