Colgate toothpaste and cleaning iBOOKs

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iBOOKnewbie, Dec 14, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

another iBOOK user told me that toothpaste works well in cleaning iBook.... saves money!!!!............

2. Moderator emeritus

Just take care not to be sloppy about it. I've been using toothpaste for years on things like kitchen counters. I'm surprised that it seems like a new idea. :)

3. macrumors regular

Why mention Colgate in particular?

Are you a Corporate stoolie, doing product placements?

:D

4. macrumors 6502a

If I spend around $1K on a new iBook, I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for a cleaner.

5. macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

iClear is what i use.. works well and protects the 'book from scuffs and scratches aparently.

6. macrumors regular

Toothpaste cleans because it is abrasive. It act likes sand paper. Yes it removes dirt snd grime but also removes some of your iBooks plastic. I guess it would be okay on the case... but I would not use it on the keys (unless you like to guess what key you are hitting) or you screen (very expensive to replace). If I was going to cheap about it, I would just use the moist cloth that apple recommends. If it is really soiled pick up some electronics cleaner (I use iKlear).

7. macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Try a clean cloth and a little water. Toothpaste is for teeth.

8. macrumors newbie

I use an ordinary eraser to clean the wrist rests and trackpad on my iBook, just watch out for all those wee bits of rubber!

Mike