collectibility & market price of Blue Dalmation iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 2much, May 15, 2004.

1. 2much macrumors newbie

May 15, 2004
    Perth, Western Australia
    I have just purchased a replacement for my very elderly Performa 6400--an iMac 400 DV. It's a pretty good set-up (almost 200MB RAM, 30GB hd, OS X) that suits me well. However, cruising eBay I came across a Blue Dalmation iMac, & having wanted one of these for ages, placed a bid (it's also got some extra features, such as faster processor & more memory, that I like):

I'm wondering if the fact that it's a Blue Dal. means that it is ultimately worth more... I'm not too sure about how limited the BD & the Flower Power iMacs were. suggests the current value is US $600-750, but to be honest the values there seem a little inflated to me (compared with what you can get on eBay).

Suggestions & comments welcomed :)
  2. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i think its price is a bit higher cuz the fact its a dal; should be 500-650; i dunno about 750, but then ur competing with ppl who want it for collectability.
  3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    wasn't it so limited because no one wanted them? i remember when they were in stores around here, no one would buy them. i really wouldn't put much stock in collectability, maybe $20 at most, if they're hard to find at the time. it's probably not going to hold a high resale, even if you pay for one...