Collecting... again!

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by im_to_hyper, Dec 17, 2006.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Well guys... its about time I announced to the group here:

I decided to start collecting older Macs once again! I made a post in the Marketplace looking for older compies so hopefully I will get some responses. I moved to a new place so now have (some) of the storage that I had lost initially when I went off to college, which is why I had to sell off everything.

If ya guys wanna help me out (if you have extra crap laying around your basement you don't need) I may be willing to take it off your hands :)

Either way, expect a new post in the "post your collections here..." thread once I get some more!

2. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

3. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    yeah, welcome back!

I'm still enjoying your previous collection :D

If you want, I have a powermac 7500 you can have for the price of shipping + maybe like $5....

4. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

oh yeah ill pass on the 7500, but thanks anyway

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Good to hear you are back to collecting.. I see and hear about more and more classic hardware being relocated to the dump!

I never gave up any of my old hardware, but I recently started adding to it again too.

6. im_to_hyper thread starter macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

I got a 9600/200 from Freecycle yesterday with 17" Apple-branded Sony Trinitron Monitor... 96MB RAM and 4GB HD.

Will be installing OS 9.2.2 onto it later on and will put on it Photoshop, Office 98 (I don't have 2001... anyone wanna part with a disc?) and iCab and Mozilla along with AIM and some MSN client to make it a fully functional machine that we will use for working on our independent study project to create a textbook.

And MacEfan: I would totally be interested in that 7500! Shipping is to either 55803 or 55811 (depending on if it goes to my house or a friend's)

Its fun trying to save older hardware and put it toward a good use!