college and beyond computer usage

Discussion in 'Community' started by shoveland, Sep 6, 2005.

1. shoveland macrumors newbie

I need some acedemic info about computer usage in college, but more emphasis on graduating seniors or people entering the workforce. Does anyone know where I could find this info? thanks a lot

Seth

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

It really depends on what you want to do. What line of work do you plan on going into? Or what kind of work are you in currently? Some businessed require PCs, some require Macs, some have no computer requirement at all.

Most colleges are mac friendly nowdays, as long as you have Word or a viable alternative. But, once again, it depends on the college and sometimes even individual professors.

Good luck,

scem0

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I would suggest looking in the Chronicle of Higher Education. It's not free, but many libraries have subscriptions.

4. shoveland thread starter macrumors newbie

I just need some general usage numbers, what is reccomended for ram etc. Its for one of my business classes, I have to give a preso on it. I am just looking for something that has close to that info and a credible source. So far, I havent been too lucky.

5. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I'm assuming you are going to get a laptop, and Apple doesn't have very many options once the computer is built. I would post what you are going to use your computer for, and then get advice on which options add to your computer. Once you have it built, your pretty much limited to upgrading the RAM, and if you just buy a gig you can't really go wrong.

I would just skip the book, and get advice from this site.

6. shoveland thread starter macrumors newbie

I would love nothing more than to do that, but finding academic resources is apparently required for this assignment. I'm not having any luck on the abstract/index search. Maybe I am just usuing the wrong keywords.

Anything that could possibly be construed as legitimate and academic would be sooo appreciated.